CRC Press; 1st edition
This ebook; Matrix Methods of Structural Analysis (PDF) deals with matrix methods of structural analysis for linearly elastic framed structures. It starts with a background of matrix analysis of structures followed by a procedure to develop force-displacement relation for a given structure using flexibility and stiffness coefficients. The remaining text deals with the analysis of framed structures using flexibility; stiffness and direct stiffness methods. Simple programs using MATLAB for the analysis of structures are included in the appendix.
- Contains solved examples and MATLAB codes
- Introduces key concepts in the development of flexibility and stiffness matrices
- Helps students understand the background behind the structural analysis programs
- Explores matrix methods of structural analysis for linearly elastic framed structures
- Discusses concepts like redundant and action coordinates (in flexibility method) and active and restrained coordinates (in stiffness method)