Deborah C. Gray Morris
Mosby; 6th edition (October 8; 2013)
This well-known textbook discusses methods for dimensional analysis, formulas, ratios, and proportions, and offers a step-by-step approach to the calculation and administration of drug dosages. Gray Morris focuses on enhancing the learning experience of nursing students at all curricular levels by making the content clinically applicable. He has over 2,000 practice problems available for students to work through. Calculate with Confidence, Sixth Edition addresses the growing responsibility of the nurse in medication administration, places an emphasis on the safety of the patient, and accurately reflects the scope of nursing practice today.
- The boxes labeled Tips for Clinical Practice draw attention to information that is vital to the mathematical calculations and the safety of patients.
- Safety Alert boxes call attention to potential problems that could result in mistakes during mediation and give you the ability to determine the steps that need to be taken to avoid making mistakes during calculation.
- The pre-test basic math review tests are designed to assist you in evaluating your skills in basic mathematics and identifying areas of both strength and weakness in your basic mathematics competency.
- Review questions for the chapter cover all of the most important material covered in the chapter.
- This comprehensive unit on the review of basic mathematics covers all aspects of elementary mathematics, including fractions, decimals, roman numerals, ratios, and proportions, as well as percentages.
- A separate basic math review test gives you the opportunity to test and evaluate how well you understand the basic math material that was covered in Unit 1. If you do not correctly answer any of these test questions, you will be directed to review the relevant chapters.
- NEW! Integration of QSEN information pertaining to patient safety throughout the text, with particular emphasis on the Medication Administration chapter.
- NEW! Word problems that involve dosages, Critical Thinking Scenarios, a discussion of the concepts regarding safety issues with medication administration, and significant updates to the critical care, insulin, and IV chapters are some of the content additions and updates that have been made.
- NEW! Modifications made to the Answer Instead of being located in the back of the book, the answers and the work needed to practice problems are located at the end of each chapter of the key features.
- NEW! You can better prepare for the NCLEX-RN Examination by working through practice questions on Evolve that are formatted like NCLEX questions.