Sheila J. Ogden, Linda Fluharty
Mosby; 10th edition (February 13; 2015)
0323310699 / 1974801543
9780323310697 / 9781974801541
Known for its workbook/textbook/format; Calculation of Drug Dosages 10th Edition makes it very easy to master the ratio and formula; proportion; and dimensional analysis methods for drug calculation. A basic review of mathematics refreshes your mathematics skills; and plenty of practice problems help you overcome any weaknesses or inexperience you may have. Written by nursing experts Linda Fluharty and Sheila Ogden; this resource helps you calculate drug dosages accurately and with confidence.
- Chapter worksheets allow you to practice solving realistic problems.
- Over 1800 practice problems reinforce your understanding of drug calculations.
- An Alert box highlights information crucial to math calculation and patient safety.
- Post-tests at the end of each chapter let you assess your understanding of content.
- A logical structure is organized from simple to complex; making it easier to absorb and retain knowledge.
- Learning objectives keep you focused and explain what you should accomplish upon completion of each chapter.
- A comprehensive post-test at the end of the ebook offers additional practice and accurately gauges your overall understanding.
- 25 flash cards on Evolve contain formulas; abbreviations; and conversions from the textbook; allowing you to study at your own pace.
- Over 600 practice problems on the Evolve companion website cover ratio-proportion; formula; and dimensional analysis methods.
- An extensive mathematics review covers the basic math skills essential for accurate calculation of drug dosages and helps you identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- UPDATED drug labels and equipment photos show the latest drugs and technology used in the market.
- NEW! Easy-access answer key is placed at the end of every chapter rather than in the end of the ebook.
- NEW! Additional Intake and Output problems are included; and the apothecary method is minimized and moved to the appendix.