Donna D. Ignatavicius, M. Linda Workman, Cherie Rebar
Saunders; 9th edition (October 19; 2017)
Healthcare is evolving at an incredible pace and with it; the roles and responsibilities of the medical-surgical nurse. Ensure you are fully equipped to thrive and adapt in this ever-changing nursing environment with Ignatavicius; Workman; and Rebar’s Medical-Surgical Nursing: Concepts for Interprofessional Collaborative Care 9th Edition (ePub). This trendsetting etextbook not only covers all essential adult health knowledge; but also reinforces the conceptual thinking; application; and clinical judgment skills that today’s surgical nurses need to stay one step ahead in delivering exceptional patient care; no matter what the environment. As with previous “Iggy” editions; you will find a unique collaborative care approach to adult health nursing; extensive NCLEX® Exam preparation; a thorough integration of QSEN competencies; and a direct; reader-friendly tone throughout the ePub eBook. This 9th edition incorporates two emerging and complementary trends ― the Core Competencies for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice and a more conceptual approach learning and teaching ― areas that will ground you in how to think like a nurse and how to apply the knowledge you gain from the textbook to clinical practice. There are a lot of med-surg nursing textbooks out there; but there’s only one that combines all the concepts; information; and on-the-job realities in a way that makes perfect sense: “Iggy!”
- Trendsetting QSEN integration emphasizes patient safety and evidence-based practice with Nursing Safety Priority boxes; including Drug Alerts; Critical Rescues; and Action Alerts.
- UNIQUE! Emphasis on clinical judgment helps you develop skills in clinical reasoning and clinical decision-making when applying concepts to clinical situations.
- Strong emphasis on NCLEX Exam preparation includes chapter-opening Learning Outcomes and chapter-ending Get Ready for the NCLEX Examination! sections organized by NCLEX Client Needs Categories; plus NCLEX Examination Challenge questions; with an answer key in the back of the book and on the Evolve companion website.
- Exceptionally readable content features straightforward vocabulary; shorter sentences; and a direct; reader-friendly writing style.
- NEW! Enhanced emphasis on conceptual learning and teaching features a strong integration of nursing concepts and exemplars throughout the textbook via new concept overview chapters; chapter-opening concept lists; and a focus on concept exemplars within disorders chapters.
- NEW! Integration of interprofessional collaborative practice takes the ebook’s hallmark collaborative management approach to the next level via new collaboration-focused Clinical Judgment Challenges; integration of a new Teamwork & Interprofessional Collaboration concept; and in-depth integration within TEACH lesson plans.
- NEW! Deeper integration of Tanner’s model of clinical nursing judgment uses Tanner’s terminology within nursing process headings; NCLEX Examination Challenge questions; and Key Points.
- NEW! Stronger emphasis on health promotion and community-based care includes revised and updated content throughout the text to reflect the reality that most adult health care no longer takes place as long-term stays in high-acuity settings.
- NEW! More consistent; interprofessional terminology for patient problems promotes interprofessional collaboration through the promotion of a common healthcare language.
- NEW! Updated content throughout reflects the most recent changes in practice and the latest evidence-based guidelines; particularly national and international treatment guidelines and protocols.
- NEW! More consistent learning outcomes now incorporate QSEN and nursing concepts in a more consistent and intentional manner from chapter to chapter.