Mary E Norton
Elsevier; 6th edition (September 16; 2016)
Get outstanding guidance from the world’s most trusted reference on OB/GYN ultrasound. Now brought to you by lead editor Dr. Mary Norton; Callen’s Ultrasonography in Obstetrics and Gynecology 6th edition PDF ebook has been completely and exhaustively updated by a team of gynecologic; obstetric; and radiology experts to reflect the most recent advances in the field. It addresses the shift in today’s practice to a collaborative effort among perinatologists; radiologists; and OB/GYNs; with new emphasis placed on genetics and clinical management. This must-have resource covers virtually all aspects of obstetric; fetal and gynecologic ultrasound — from the rare to the common— in one essential clinical reference; allowing you to practice with absolute confidence.
- Full-colour medical illustrations present key anatomic details in a clear manner.
- Highly templated; full-colour format allows you to locate information more quickly.
- Thousands of high digital-quality images depict the complete range of normal and abnormal imaging presentations.
- Provides extensive updates of images and text; including the latest in imaging; genetic testing; Doppler techniques; and clinical management.
Brand new chapters in the sixth edition provide up-to-date; comprehensive coverage of topics relevant to current practice:
- The Role of Ultrasound in Gynecologic Interventions
- First Trimester Fetal Anatomy
- Obstetric Ultrasound and the Obese Patient
- Evaluation of Pelvic Pain in the Reproductive Age Patient
- Gynecologic Ultrasound in the Pediatric and Adolescent Patient
- Ultrasound and Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Urogynecology
- Highlights significant new genetic testing content; including correlation with ultrasound evaluation of the fetus.
- Places increased emphasis on 3D imaging and correlative imaging with magnetic resonance (MR).
- Features new practice guidelines for obstetric evaluation (including first trimester assessment) and gynecologic management (including evaluation of the endometrium and of ovarian masses).
- Features new information about fetal imaging guidelines from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD).
- Includes key and comprehensive reference data used for evaluation of fetal growth and other specialized measurements.
- Provides expanded discussion of fetal; obstetric; and gynecologic interventions with new emphasis on clinical use and application of ultrasound imaging.