Jurgen Gmehling, Michael Kleiber, Barbel Kolbe, Jurgen Rarey
Wiley-VCH; 2nd edition
The only textbook that uses thermodynamics to solve real-world process engineering problems.
Chemical Thermodynamics for Process Simulation 2nd edition (PDF) teaches about the behavior of pure fluids by describing the different types of equations of state and their capabilities. It goes into great detail about the various quantities of interest in process simulation; their correlation; and prediction.
Chemical Thermodynamics for Process Simulation 2e is the first ebook to demonstrate how chemical thermodynamics work in the real world by applying them to actual engineering examples; making it a must-read for advanced students and professionals alike. It also discusses the benefits and drawbacks of specific models and procedures; as well as the most important models used in the process industry. All of the topics are illustrated with examples from real-world process simulation problems. Additional calculation examples are provided at the end of each chapter to help readers extend their understanding.
The chapters examine the key terms for describing the thermodynamics of mixtures; the most important models and routes for calculating phase equilibrium; models applicable to a wide range of non-electrolyte systems; membrane processes; polymer thermodynamics; enthalpy of reaction; chemical equilibria; and more.
- With solved examples; explains thermodynamic fundamentals used in process simulation.
- Completed with MathCAD sheets and DDBST programs to allow readers to replicate the examples.
- Includes estimation methods for thermophysical properties and thermodynamic phase equilibria of alternative separation processes.
- Includes new chapters on modern measurement techniques; retrograde condensation; and simultaneous description of chemical equilibrium.
- Includes numerous solved examples that simplify the understanding of the often complex calculation procedures; as well as discussions of the benefits and drawbacks of models and procedures.
Chemical Thermodynamics for Process Simulation Second Edition is an excellent resource for those working in process development; process synthesis; or process optimization; as well as a great ebook for engineering students.
NOTE: This sale only includes Chemical Thermodynamics for Process Simulation 2nd edition in PDF. No access codes included.