Terry Des Jardins, George G. Burton
Mosby; 7th edition
Get a deeper understanding of respiratory disease with Clinical Manifestations and Assessment of Respiratory Disease; 7th Edition. This popular; full-color PDF etextbook provides all the necessary tools you need to learn how to gather clinical data; formulate assessments; identify desired outcomes; design a safe and effective treatment plan; make objective evaluations; and document all the steps involved. Using easy-to-follow language and relevant clinical scenarios; this textbook gives readers a firm understanding of why certain treatment modalities are applied. And with a new chapter on respiratory failure and mechanical ventilation protocol; new information on electronic charting; and numerous updates in treatment and assessment added to nearly all the chapters; this new edition ensures you will be well-versed in all of the new issues affecting respiratory therapy.
- UNIQUE! Emphasis on clinical scenarios and critical thinking skills illustrates the causes of the clinical manifestations activated by specific respiratory disorders.
- UNIQUE! Focus on assessment and Therapist-Driven Protocols (TDPs) emphasizes industry-approved standards of care; providing readers with the knowledge and skills to implement these protocols into patient care.
- Case studies provide realistic examples of the respiratory therapist’s role in successful patient care and readers apply text information to clinical assessment and treatment.
- Self-assessment questions at the end of the text help readers personally assess their understanding of chapter material.
- Overview boxes summarize the clinical manifestations caused by the pathophysiologic mechanisms of each disorder.
- Student-friendly features reinforce learning with chapter outlines; key terms; objectives; and easy-to-follow language.
- NEW! New chapter on respiratory failure and mechanical ventilation protocol outlines the respiratory therapist’s role in regards to these protocols.
- NEW! New chapters on congenital diaphragmatic hernia and congenital heart disease
- NEW! Updated content on electronic chartingoffers the latest guidelines for collecting and recording respiratory assessments and treatment plans using an electronic health record.
- NEW! Therapist-driven protocols (TDPs) information is now separated into two chapters to divide content between the basic treatment protocols and the protocols for mechanical ventilation and weaning from the ventilator.
- NEW! The most up-to-date content throughout ensures readers are well-versed in the latest assessment and treatment guidelines for various respiratory illnesses and injuries.
NOTE: Only contains the PDF of the book. No online access codes etc are included