Terry Des Jardins, George G. Burton
Mosby; 7th edition
With the help of Clinical Manifestations and Assessment of Respiratory Disease, 7th Edition, you can acquire a more in-depth knowledge of respiratory disease. This well-known, full-color PDF etextbook provides all of the tools that are necessary to learn how to collect clinical data, formulate assessments, determine desired outcomes, design a treatment plan that is safe and effective, make objective evaluations, and document all of the steps that are involved. This textbook provides its readers with a solid grasp of why particular treatment modalities are employed by utilizing terminology that is simple to understand and relevant clinical scenarios. This new edition ensures that you will be well-versed in all of the new issues that are affecting respiratory therapy by adding a new chapter on respiratory failure and the protocol for mechanical ventilation; new information on electronic charting; and numerous updates in treatment and assessment added to nearly all of the chapters. In addition, this new edition contains a new chapter on mechanical ventilation protocol.
- UNIQUE! A focus on clinical scenarios and the development of critical thinking skills demonstrates the factors that underlie the clinical symptoms that are triggered by particular respiratory illnesses.
- UNIQUE! Focus on evaluation and Therapist-Driven Protocols (TDPs) places an emphasis on industry-approved standards of care and equips readers with the information and skills necessary to incorporate these protocols into the care they provide to patients.
- Readers apply the material from the text to clinical assessment and treatment through the use of case studies, which provide realistic examples of the role of the respiratory therapist in providing successful patient care.
- Readers are given the opportunity to evaluate their own level of comprehension of the material covered in each chapter through the use of questions labeled “self-assessment” that appear at the book’s conclusion.
- The clinical symptoms that are induced by the pathophysiologic mechanisms of each condition are summarized in the boxes under “Overview.”
- Functions that are friendly to students Enhance learning by providing chapter outlines, important terms, learning objectives, and language that is simple to understand.
- NEW! The role of the respiratory therapist in relation to the respiratory failure protocol and the mechanical ventilation protocol is outlined in a new chapter on the respiratory failure protocol.
- NEW! Congenital diaphragmatic hernia and congenital cardiac disease are both expanded upon in new chapters.
- NEW! The most recent standards for collecting and recording respiratory assessments and treatment plans using an electronic health record are included in the revised information on electronic charting, which is available online.
- NEW! The information regarding therapist-driven protocols, also known as TDPs, has been split up into two separate chapters as of recently. These chapters are designed to separate the content into basic treatment protocols, protocols for mechanical ventilation, and protocols for weaning off of the ventilator.
- NEW! The most recent information presented throughout guarantees that readers will have a thorough understanding of the most recent assessment and treatment guidelines for a variety of respiratory disorders and accidents
NOTE: This file just contains the book in PDF format. There are no internet access codes or other similar items provided.