Amy Jo Catalano
This ebook; Collecting for the Curriculum: The Common Core and Beyond (PDF)—the just one that gives detailed steering on assortment creation in curriculum collections—is for you should you’re a librarian tasked with gathering curriculum supplies and youngsters’s literature to help the Common Core State Standards.
Although there are a number of publications for faculty librarians and Okay–12 educators on the Common Core; there isn’t any such literature for curriculum librarians at the publish-secondary stage. This book fills the void by serving as a stand-alone assortment creation information for curriculum librarians that’s not certain by the Common Core State Standards (CCSS). Curriculum librarians who buy and keep collections will discover instruction and encouragement on this book; which can enable you construct a group primarily based on finest practices. The ebook begins with an summary of the Common Core State Standards and how curriculum librarians might help. The Standards are then mentioned in chapters organized by topic space that share analysis-primarily based methods in curriculum creation and instruction that will help you select the proper curriculum. Games; textbooks; youngsters’s literature; remedy; main sources; and nonfiction are amongst the supplies lined.
The administration of curriculum collections; analysis collections; instruction; and reference; in addition to how one can assist and gather for particular wants learners; are all lined in extra chapters. Curriculum supplies librarians’ present assortment manufacturing actions are additionally examined. The ebook concludes with a assessment of educational supplies in the future.
- Offers a commonly up to date companion web site
- Covers the various educating methods of lecturers and college
- Provides express functions of the CCSS for librarians working in publish-secondary establishments
- Includes an in depth appendix with lists of books that help all curricular areas; in addition to lesson concepts and different assets
- Draws on present analysis and interviews with a few of the most skilled curriculum librarians in the United States to assist college and lecturers higher perceive the Common Core
NOTE: This sale solely contains the ebook Collecting for the Curriculum: The Common Core and Beyond in PDF. No access codes included.