Carl E. Misch
Mosby; 3rd edition
If you want consistent results on even the most difficult implant situations, this brand new third edition of Contemporary Implant Dentistry is where you should look. The revision of his best-selling classic features dental implantologist Carl E. Misch, who is known across the world for his work, providing you with expert advice and direction on the many surgical approaches to placing implants. Over one thousand images in full color exhibit features of implants, related materials, and surgical techniques. In addition, well-known experts such as Mohamed Sharawy, Martha Warren Bidez, and Adriano Piatelli contribute a wealth of expertise in their respective professions. This third edition gives you a wonderful opportunity to build and refine your skills, as well as experiencing clinical outcomes that are more consistent and predictable.
- Thorough explanations of the rationale for implants and their specific characteristics discuss the reasons why different treatment options work better for different patients; the rationale behind implant materials and sizes; and the overall science of osteointegrated implants. This provides a complete understanding of how implants behave in certain circumstances and how to make the best choices for implant patients.
- This chapter on diagnostic imaging and techniques focuses on the most up-to-date technology that is now available to evaluate patient problems. The goal of this chapter is to familiarize you with recent advancements and how they connect to the fundamentals of treatment planning.
- The rationales for implant placement, the variables in implants and patient situations, and the four degrees of jaw bone density are discussed in the section on Treatment Planning. Dr. Misch’s most well-known criterion for effective implant placement is the degree of jaw bone density.
- This course reviews scientific fundamentals such as applied anatomy, biomechanical concepts, contemporary biomaterials, the prevention and management of dental infections, and pharmaceutical concerns. It prepares you for practical therapy by covering topics such as these.
- The implant surgeon can gain something from the surgical process chapters, and the restorative dentist who wishes to grasp and appreciate surgical principles more should absolutely not skip over them.
- More than a thousand pictures in full color demonstrate various aspects of implants, along with associated materials and surgical procedures.
- Immediate loading for a single tooth Sinus pathology and complications of sinus grafts Partially edentulous and completely edentulous patients Key Implant Positions and Number Ideal Implant Surgery Extraction Socket and Barrie Membrane Bone Grafts Extraction Socket and Barrie Membrane Bone Grafts
- The indications and contraindications for justification of biomechanical treatment programs, the layered approach to bone grafting, the autograft block bone grafting, soft tissue surgery, and implant esthetics and maintenance are among the important advances.
- The most recent research on platelet-rich plasma membranes and other aspects of tissue engineering have been incorporated into a new chapter on tissue engineering, which has been written so that you can make use of the most relevant materials.
- Putting more of an emphasis on the outcomes of evidence-based implant operations provides useful information regarding which surgeries have the highest chance of being successful and the lowest risk of experiencing issues.