Richard M. Barker, Jay A. Puckett
Wiley; 3rd edition
Up-to-date coverage of bridge design and analysis — revised to reflect the 5th edition of the AASHTO LRFD specifications
Design of Highway Bridges: An LRFD Approach 3rd edition (PDF) offers detailed coverage of engineering basics for the design of short- and medium-span bridges. Revised to conform with the latest fifth edition of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) LRFD Bridge Design Specifications; it is an excellent engineering resource for both professionals and students. This updated 3rd edition has been reorganized throughout; spreading the material into twenty shorter; more focused chapters that make information even easier to find and navigate. It also features:
- Selected references for further study
- New coverage of the “green” aspects of recycled steel
- Information on key bridge types; selection principles; and aesthetic issues
- A new color insert of bridge pictures; including examples of historical and aesthetic significance
- Dozens of work problems that allow techniques to be applied to real-world problems and design specifications
- Expanded coverage of computer modeling; rigid method system analysis; calibration of service limit states; and concrete shear
From gaining a quick familiarity with the AASHTO LRFD specifications to seeking broader guidance on highway bridge design—Design of Highway Bridges is the one-stop; ready reference that puts information at your fingertips; while also serving as an excellent study guide and reference for the U.S. Professional Engineering Examination.
NOTE: Only includes Design of Highway Bridges 3rd edition PDF eBook. No codes included.