Mathias Baehr, Michael Frotscher
Thieme; 5th edition (January 25; 2012)
This fifth edition of the timeless classic Topical Diagnosis in Neurology: Anatomy; Physiology; Signs; Symptoms now comes in a format that is both fresh and larger. The 5th edition presents the architecture, functioning, and disorders of the central nervous system in a straightforward and integrated manner, and it serves as a rapid reference for both practitioners and trainees. It elucidates the neuroanatomical pathways that lead to specific clinical syndromes and demonstrates how solid anatomical knowledge combined with a thorough neurological examination can help localize a lesion and arrive at a diagnosis. In addition, it demonstrates how specific clinical syndromes can be caused by neuroanatomical pathways.
A Few Highlights from the Fifth Edition:
- An expanded page layout that exhibits over four hundred in-depth anatomic illustrations as well as MRI and CT images of the finest possible quality
- A framework that is both logical and thematic, with helpful summaries at the beginning of each chapter and color-coded section headings that allow readers to discern between neuroanatomical and clinical content at a glance.
- An approach to topical neurologic diagnosis that is comprehensive, contemporary, and interdisciplinary, demonstrating how knowledge of fundamental neuroanatomy and neurophysiology can be utilized in a clinical context
- There are many different types of study aids and clinical correlations available, all of which support the current emphasis on integrative medicine within the curriculum of medical schools.
- A compilation of updated case studies, examples of imaging techniques at the state-of-the-art level, and a fresh introduction to the fundamental parts that make up the nervous system
The fifth edition of Topical Diagnosis in Neurology is an excellent reference for neuroscientists and neurologists who must link neurologic illnesses to anatomic location in order to complete a diagnosis or comprehend a clinical state. It is also a crucial tool for trainees and advanced students who need a solid footing in key neurofunctional linkages in order to be successful in their studies.