Harry Lewis, Rachel Zax
Princeton University Press
A significant portion of computer science rests on the basis of discrete mathematics, including but not limited to algorithm theory, automata theory, graph theory, and combinatorics theory. This book covers discrete mathematics, which are fundamental to the study of computer science and are included in the book. This adaptable ebook can be adapted to match the requirements of a variety of course syllabi, and it leads students quickly through thirty-one brief chapters, each of which delves deeply into a single significant topic.
By placing an emphasis on the art of proof, Essential Discrete Mathematics for Computer Science (PDF), which has already been successful in the classroom, intends to teach mathematical reasoning in addition to skills and concepts. Each chapter features a condensed summary as well as a set of exercises, and the entire thing is color-illustrated throughout its entirety. The only prerequisite for calculus is precalculus, and wherever calculus is required, the text provides a concise summary of the essential information.
The textbook Essential Discrete Mathematics for Computer Science is ideal for use as an introductory text in standard undergraduate courses. It is also suitable for use in high school courses, as well as in independent study and distance education for adult students.
- Includes over 300 exercises
- The instructors have access to the solutions manual.
- A succinct summary can be found at the end of each chapter.
- Almost every equation and theorem was validated in their entirety.
- The fundamental starting point for study in discrete mathematics
- Contains thirty-one brief chapters, all of which are appropriate for a single lecture or discussion in the classroom.
- Because it contains such a diverse assortment of topics, the ebook is suitable for a wide range of classes.
“This remarkable ebook is an exceptional example of how rigor, clarity, and elegance can harmoniously coexist. Computer science students will find Zax and Lewis’s incredibly exhaustive reference to the field of discrete mathematics to be an invaluable resource. “Zax and Lewis Have Produced an Extremely Comprehensive Guide to the World of Discrete Mathematics” Dickinson College and John MacCormick
PLEASE TAKE NOTE That the only thing that is included with this product is a PDF version of the booklet “Essential Discrete Mathematics for Computer Science.” There are no access codes contained within.