Wolters Kluwer Health; 6th edition
The sixth edition of Fluids and Electrolytes Made Incredibly Easy uses a conversational writing approach to break down complicated topics and make the principles of fluids and electrolytes easy to grasp and put into practice. The book is available as a PDF download. This ebook, which is in its sixth edition and has been thoroughly edited and updated, is structured into four chapters to provide comprehensive coverage of this difficult subject:
– Various Treatments
– Imbalances in both fluid and electrolytes
– The fundamentals of fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base chemistry
– The significance of imbalances in significant health disorders, as well as methods for managing them
Every chapter contains explanations of health problems that are clear and easy to understand, as well as definitions of key terms, memory joggers, illustrations that explain key concepts in a clear and simple manner, and bullet points and checklists that make it easy to spot important points at a glance. The chapter summaries offer a concise recap of all the important material, and the distinctive components that are sprinkled throughout the text make it simple to remember the most important points:
– “Teaching points” are issues that patients should be educated on.
— Icons labeled “Ages and Stages” suggest age-related factors to consider
Tables, pictures, and flowcharts with quick scans put the emphasis on the most important information.
The “It’s not working” icons instruct the reader on what steps to take in situations where the typical treatments aren’t producing the desired outcomes.
The reader can more easily identify potentially harmful or life-threatening signs and symptoms with the assistance of the “Uh-oh” icons.
– Concise reference appendices on the changes in fluid and electrolyte levels that occur in pediatric and geriatric groups.
– The “Chart smart” sections provide an outline of all the items that need to be documented for a certain imbalance or condition.