Susan F. Wilson, Jean Foret Giddens
Mosby; 6th edition
Nursing students in today’s world have it much tougher in terms of time management and organization than their predecessors did. The good news is that Giddens and Wilson’s Health Assessment for Nursing Practice, 6th Edition, (PDF), caters to the demands of students by focusing exclusively on the knowledge that is necessary to acquire the fundamental assessment abilities and to succeed in clinical practice. In addition to its concentrated content, you can anticipate clear and uncomplicated language, uncluttered page layouts, vibrant photos, and, of course, the most up-to-date information on topical issues such as electronic documentation, QSEN competencies, and cultural considerations. All of these things can be found in the book. You will also be able to make the most of your study and learning time because this resource provides a plethora of interesting learning materials, such as films that walk you through procedures, case studies, animations, and insightful call-outs. You will find everything you need to learn the fundamental assessment skills that are necessary for clinical practice in the sixth edition of Health Assessment for Nursing Practice.
- Review questions are included throughout the ebook to assist with evaluating the reader’s comprehension of essential information.
- A clear visual contrast can be made between aberrant and normal findings and approaches because to the format’s use of two columns.
- The Ethnic, Cultural, and Spiritual Variations boxes assist readers in anticipating the specific needs of a patient population that is comprised of multiple cultures.
- Students are guided step-by-step through essential assessment techniques using vivid photographs that are in full color. This helps them better identify key abnormalities.
- The head-to-toe examination is covered in depth by the Synthesis and Application of Health Assessment unit’s documentation, performance, and customization guidelines.
- The material presented in an easy-to-understand and plain manner equips nurses with the knowledge and self-assurance necessary to conduct a comprehensive physical examination.
- The sections on Documenting Expected Discoveries show nursing students how to record normal findings, which is a challenge that they face often throughout their studies.
- It is easier for readers to locate relevant assessments if there is a clear distinction between fundamental abilities and more sophisticated procedures or procedures for unique circumstances.
- UNIQUE! The sections labeled “Patients with Situational Variations” discuss particular situations or requirements for patients who use wheelchairs or who have other limits and exam variations.
- UNIQUE! The case studies that are included at the end of each chapter provide the reader with an opportunity to practice refining their clinical reasoning abilities within the setting of health assessment and physical examination.
- UNIQUE! In the chapter titled “Adapting Health Assessment to the Hospitalized Patient,” specific methods are outlined for conducting a comprehensive evaluation of a patient when they are located inside of a hospital.
- The section entitled “Health Assessment Across the Life Span” is comprised of four individual chapters that collectively cover all of the topics pertaining to the lifespan, such as older adults, pregnant patients, infants, children, and adolescents.
- In the Health Promotion for Evidence-Based Practice boxes, the goals of the United States government’s Healthy People 2020 initiative are applied, and in-depth discussions of recommendations for promoting health and lowering risk are included.
- UNIQUE! A discussion of pain, metabolism, perfusion, tissue integrity, oxygenation, motion, sensory perception, and intracranial regulation is included in the boxes labeled “Concept Overview.” These boxes offer fundamental ideas in the context of a health evaluation.
- UNIQUE! The purpose of the Clinical Reasoning boxes is to provide the reader with a better understanding of clinical judgment and the decision-making process that is involved in nursing practice by describing the mental process that an experienced nurse would go through while making a clinical choice.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE That the only thing included in this sale is the PDF version of the sixth edition of the ebook Health Assessment for Nursing Practice. There are no access codes or any other materials included in this purchase.