Carol Taylor, Carol Lillis, Pamela Lynn
LWW; 8th; North American edition (October 30; 2014)
Help your nursing students develop the blended competencies (technical; interpersonal;cognitive; and ethical/legal) they will need to effectively care for patients in both institutional and community-based practice settings with this updated 8th Edition of the best-selling Fundamentals of Nursing 8th edition in PDF form. Packed with proven pedagogy; clinical examples; striking illustrations; and online learning tools (including animations; video clips;and interactive learning activities); this best-selling etextbook takes a holistic approach as it distills the fundamentals that nursing students need to know to respond to today’s healthcare challenges enthusiastically; competently;and accountably.
Reflecting today’s rapidly evolving healthcare delivery system; the 8th Edition offers new content; new pedagogy; a revised art and photo program; and a wide range of online teaching and learning resources to save you time and help your nursing students succeed.
- PowerPoint presentations make it easy for you to integrate the etextbook with your students’ classroom experience; via either handouts or slide shows.
- Pre-Lecture Quizzes (and answers) are quick; knowledge-based assessments that allow you to check students’ reading.
- A robust test generator with more than 1;250 questions helps you put together tests that assess your students’ understanding of the material. Test questions link to learning objectives.
- Guided Lecture Notes walk you through the chapters; objective by objective; and provide corresponding PowerPoint numbers.
- A Sample Syllabus provides guidance for structuring your nursing fundamentals course.
- A complete image bank enhances lecture and exam preparation.
- Discussion Topics (and suggested answers) can be used as a conversation starter or in online discussion boards.
- Strategies for Effective Teaching provide tips for teaching the course.
- Assignments (and suggested answers) include group; written; clinical; and Web assignments.
- Case studies (with related questions and suggested answers) give your college students an opportunity to apply their knowledge to a client case similar to what they will encounter in practice.
- Journal Articles; updated for this edition; offer access to research available in WK journals
- A Master Checklist for Student Competency helps you track your students’ progress toward skill competency.
- NCLEX-Style Review Questions for every chapter (over 900 in all) help nursingstudents review important concepts and practice for the NCLEX.
- Practice & Learn Activities present case scenarios with interactive exercises and questions to help students apply what they have learned.
- Concepts in Action Animations bring concepts to life and enhance student comprehension.
- Watch & Learn Video Clips reinforce skills from the textbook and bring concepts to life.
- A Spanish-English Audio Glossary provides terms and phrases for communicating with patients in Spanish.
- Journal Articles offer access to current research available in WK journals.
- Dosage Calculation Quizzes allow students to practice math skills and calculating drug dosages.
To further enhance your course; you may want to consider purchasing other products within the integrated suite of products designed specifically for the Eigth Edition. Created with the nursing students’ experience in mind; and coordinated to provide a cohesive learning experience; each product in the suite can be purchased separately or packaged with the main textbook. The suite includes: PrepU; Taylor’s Clinical Nursing Skills; Taylor’s Handbook of Nursing Skills; Study Guide; Skill Checklists; Taylor’s Video Guide to Clinical Nursing Skills; and; new to this edition; Lippincott CoursePoint; a digital curriculum solution for nursing education that integrates adaptive learning powered by PrepU with access to personalized; perfectly timed remediation built on trusted content.