Carol Taylor, Carol Lillis, Pamela Lynn
LWW; 8th; North American edition (October 30; 2014)
Help your nursing students develop the blended competencies (technical, interpersonal, cognitive, and ethical/legal) they will need to effectively care for patients in both institutional and community-based practice settings with this updated 8th Edition of the best-selling Fundamentals of Nursing 8th edition in PDF format. This edition of the book is available in both print and digital formats. This best-selling etextbook takes a holistic approach as it distills the fundamentals that nursing students need to know to respond to today's healthcare challenges enthusiastically; competently; and accountably. Packed with proven pedagogy; clinical examples; striking illustrations; and online learning tools (including animations; video clips; and interactive learning activities), this etextbook takes a holistic approach as it distills the fundamentals.
The eighth edition, which reflects the rapidly changing nature of today's healthcare delivery system, provides new content, new pedagogy, updated art and photo programs, and a wide variety of online teaching and learning resources, all of which are designed to save you time and assist your nursing students in achieving their goals.
Resources for the Instructor:
- PowerPoint presentations make it simple for you to include the digital textbook into the learning environment of your students, whether you choose to do it through handouts or slide shows.
- The Pre-Lecture Quizzes (and Answers) are short, knowledge-based exams that allow you to examine the reading comprehension of your pupils.
- You are able to construct exams that evaluate your students' comprehension of the topic with the assistance of a powerful test generator that has more than 1,250 questions. The learning goals are connected to the test questions.
- You will be led step-by-step through the chapters, objectives by objectives, and provided with the relevant PowerPoint numbers by the Guided Lecture Notes.
- You can get some direction on how to organize your nursing fundamentals class by looking at a Sample Syllabus.
- Having access to a comprehensive image bank is beneficial to preparing for both lectures and exams.
- Discussion Topics (together with the replies that are provided) are useful both as a way to kick off a conversation and in online discussion forums.Strategies for Effective Teaching is a book that offers advice on how to teach the class.
- Group, written, clinical, and web-based assignments, as well as recommended responses, are included in the assignments.
- Case studies provide the opportunity for your college students to apply the knowledge that they have gained to a client scenario that is comparable to what they would experience in practice. These case studies also include questions that relate to the scenario and suggested answers.
- Articles from journals, which have been revised for this version and provide access to research published in WK journals
- You can keep track of your students' progress toward skill competency with the use of a Master Checklist for Student Competency.
- NCLEX-Style Review Nursing students can better prepare for the National Council Licensure Examination by working through the questions provided for each chapter, which total more than 900 in total.
- Students are assisted in applying what they have learnt through the use of case scenarios that are presented in Practice & Learn Activities along with interactive activities and questions.
- The Application of Concepts Concepts are brought to life through animations, which improves student comprehension.
- The Watch and Learn Video Clips not only bring concepts to life but also reinforce skills that are covered in the textbook.
- A Spanish-English Audio Glossary is a resource that contains terms and phrases that can be used when interacting in Spanish with patients.
- Articles published in journals provide access to the most recent research published in WK publications.
- Students can practice their math skills and learn how to calculate dosages with the help of dosage calculation quizzes.
In order to get the most out of your class, you might want to look into acquiring any of the additional goods that are part of the cohesive set of materials that were developed especially for the eighth edition. Each component of the suite can be acquired on its own or as part of a bundle with the primary textbook. It was designed with the experience of nursing students in mind, and its components were carefully coordinated to deliver a unified educational environment. The suite includes PrepU, Taylor's Clinical Nursing Skills, Taylor's Handbook of Nursing Skills, Study Guide, Skill Checklists, Taylor's Video Guide to Clinical Nursing Skills, and, new to this edition, Lippincott CoursePoint. Lippincott CoursePoint is a digital curriculum solution for nursing education that integrates adaptive learning powered by PrepU with access to personalized, perfectly timed remediation built on trusted content.