Patricia A. Potter, Anne Griffin Perry, Patricia Stockert, Amy Hall
Mosby; 9th edition
0323327400; 0323415393; 0323477925
9780323327404/ 9780323477925/ 9780323415392
It’s your comprehensive guide to nursing — from basic concepts to vital skills! Fundamentals of Nursing; 9th Edition (ePub/PDF) prepares you to succeed as a nurse by giving a solid foundation in critical thinking; nursing theory; evidence-based practice; and safe clinical care in all settings. With illustrated; step-by-step guidelines; this book makes it easy to learn important procedures and skills. Care plans are provided within a nursing process framework; and case studies show how to implement concepts to nursing practice. From an expert author team led by Anne Griffin Perry and Patricia Potter; this bestselling nursing textbook helps you build the understanding and clinical reasoning you need to provide exceptional patient care.
- A glossary provides quick access to definitions for all key terms.
- Delegation coverage clarifies which tasks can and cannot be delegated.
- UNIQUE! Clear; the streamlined writing style makes complex material more approachable.
- More than 20 concept maps show care planning for clients with multiple nursing diagnoses.
- 29 procedural guidelines provide streamlined; step-by-step instructions for performing basic skills.
- Evidence-Based Practice chapter shows how nursing research helps in determining best practices.
- Key points and key terms in each chapter summarize important content for more efficient review and study.
- The 5-step nursing process provides a consistent framework for care; and is demonstrated in more than 20 care plans.
- Unexpected Outcomes and Related Interventions for each skill alert you to potential problems and appropriate nursing actions.
- 51 skills demonstrations provide illustrated; step-by-step instructions for safe nursing care — and include rationales for each step.
- Case studies include unique clinical application questions and exercises; allowing you to practice using care plans and concept maps.
- UNIQUE! Caring for the Cancer Survivor chapter prepares nurses to care for cancer patients who may still face physical and emotional issues.
- 15 review questions in every chapter test your retention of key concepts; with answers available in the book and on the Evolve companion website.
- UNIQUE! Critical Thinking Models in each clinical chapter show how to apply the nursing process and critical thinking to achieve successful clinical outcomes.
- Practical study tools on Evolve include video clips of skills; skills checklists; printable key points; a fluid & electrolytes tutorial; a concept map creator; an audio glossary; and more.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook; Fundamentals of Nursing; 9th Edition; in the original epub (kindle) format. A converted PDF is also available. No access codes are included.