Karen A. Wager, Frances W.Lee, John P. Glaser
Jossey-Bass; 4th Edition
The Health Care Information Systems: Fourth Edition (PDF) is the most up-to-date version of the highly regarded textbook, which offers the fundamental information and tools required to effectively manage data and data sources within a wide variety of health care organizations. The textbook was originally published in 2004.
It provides guidance on the development, evaluation, and management of health care information systems and conducts an analysis of the primary environmental influences that are responsible for shaping the current state of the nation’s health data landscape. In addition to this, it investigates the most pressing issues that are associated with senior-level managers and evaluates relevant regulations, laws, and requirements. It refers to:
- Adaptations made to programs regarding cost reduction.
- Methods that are both effective and practical for determining the value of a system.
- New information regarding the role that data methods play in the management of population health.
- Proven strategies for effectively gathering and putting into place various data systems pertaining to health.
- A wealth of recent case studies of businesses who are struggling with administration-related system difficulties.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE That the only component of this product is a downloadable copy of the ebook titled “Health Care Information Systems: A Practical Approach for Health Care Management.” There is not an access code included.