Michael H. Ross, Wojciech Pawlina
LWW; 7th edition (7e); North American edition (January 27; 2015)
The Histology: A Text and Atlas: With Correlated Cell and Molecular Biology 7th edition (PDF) is an excellent resource for dentistry, medical, and other students in the health professions, in addition to undergraduate students studying biology and cell biology. This comprehensive textbook and atlas in one includes a detailed electronic textbook that places an emphasis on the clinical and functional correlates of histology and is fully supplemented by vividly informative photomicrographs and illustrations. This combination textbook and atlas is one of our best-selling products. Nearly every chapter is followed by a separate section of the atlas that is exquisitely illustrated. These sections include full-color, large-size digital photomicrographs that are labeled and have accompanying descriptions that highlight the structural and functional details of organs, tissues, and cells.
This “2-in-1” etextbook and atlas features an outstanding art program with all illustrations completely redrawn and revised as well as a reader-friendly format including blue clinical text; red highlighted key terms; and folders that cover clinical correlations and functional considerations. The seventh edition of Histology: A Text and Atlas has been updated throughout to reflect the most recent developments in the field.
- NEW! To ensure that the art program is uniform throughout, each illustration has been fully rethought and redesigned.
- more than one hundred atlas plates that include four hundred thirty-five photomicrographs in full color and high resolution.
- The coverage of cellular and molecular biology has been NEWLY added to and updated to reflect the most recent developments in the subject.
- The characteristics of tissues, cells, and organs, as well as their roles and locations, are laid out in bulleted lists that are simple to discover and simple to review.
- NEW! College students are provided with sections of Histology 101 that provide a reader-friendly recap of crucial information that was covered in the chapters that came before it.
- Students are able to study and revisit material (such as staining processes) more effectively with the help of tables that are easy to understand. This frees them from the need to rely on rote recollection.
- Reader-friendly highlights, such as clinical language highlighted in blue, phrases highlighted in red, and folders showcasing clinical and functional correlations that boost student understanding and make efficient study more possible.
- Additional clinical correlation and functional consideration folders have been included. These folders contain information pertaining to symptoms, as well as photomicrographs of diseased organs or tissues, brief histological descriptions, and the molecular basis for therapeutic intervention.
Note that this file only contains the book in PDF format. There is no online access code included with this item.