Henry W. Lane, Martha L. Maznevski
Wiley; 7th Edition
This new edition of International Management Behavior, which is now in its 7th iteration (PDF), is a standard textbook for executives and college students who are interested in developing the perspective, knowledge, and abilities necessary for leading and managing people in global business.
This book offers a thorough introduction to international management and is organized around the primary difficulties and prospects that are encountered by global managers. This entails working on both an individual and organizational level, as well as having an awareness of how to manage a diverse workforce. The position of the global manager is also included in this. Each individual chapter discusses an important topic, such as having a global mentality, putting a strategy into action, effectively interacting with people from other cultures, managing change, or participating in global teams. This seventh version has been completely revised to incorporate contemporary changes in ethical standards and environmentally responsible business practices.
The seventh edition of International Management Behavior is meant to both inspire and facilitate learning, and it is based on more than forty years of teaching and study. This text brings together a vast amount of theoretical information with actual examples from the real world that span a variety of cultural contexts and professional fields. The writers place a strong emphasis on research that gives the most immediate and practical direction for managers, and they make extensive use of well selected cases to illustrate practical application and bring essential ideas to life.
- List of topics covered
- Thank you so much, page xi
- First, an introduction
- Part 1 5
- The Global Manager, Chapter 1, Number 7
- Part 2 31
- 33 Understanding Culture, Chapter 2: Through the Looking Glass
- The MBI Model for High Performance in Chapter 3: Interpersonal Skills for International Management 71
- Managing Global Teams and Networks, Section 4, Chapter 4 97
- Part 3 121
- 123 Chapter 5: Putting a Global Strategy into Action
- The Selection and Development of Global Managers, which is Discussed in Chapter 6 of “Managing Talent” 169
- 191 Change Management in International Businesses and Organizations, Chapter 7
- Part 4 215
- Personal integrity is discussed in Chapter 8 of Competing with Integrity in Global Business, which can be found on page 217.
- To Compete with Integrity in Global Business: Corporate Sustainability 255 Chapter 9 Competing with Integrity in Global Business
New instructor support material, including PowerPoint slides and teaching notes, has been made available at www.wiley.com/go/lane7e to go along with the seventh edition of International Management Behavior, which has been reviewed and updated. This instructor site was developed in conjunction with the primary textbook in order to assist in the training of future global leaders and to further their growth.