Patricia S. Yoder-Wise.
Mosby; 6th edition (November 4; 2014)
Leading and Managing in Nursing; 6th Edition (PF) offers an innovative approach to leading and managing by merging research; theory; and practical application to better prepare you for the NCLEX® exam and the transition to the practice environment. This cutting-edge textbook is organized around the issues that are central to the success of professional nurses in today’s constantly changing healthcare environment; including consumer relationships; resource management; cultural diversity; delegation; and communication.
- UNIQUE! Each chapter opens with The Challenge; where practicing nurse leaders/managers offer their real-world views of a concern related in the chapter; encouraging you to think about how you would handle the situation.
- UNIQUE! The Solution closes each chapter with an effective method to handle the real-life situation presented in The Challenge; and demonstrates the ins and outs of problem solving in practice.
- The Evidence boxes in each chapter summarize relevant concepts and research from nursing/business/medicine literature.
- Theory boxes highlight and summarize pertinent theoretical concepts related to chapter content.
- Research and Literature Perspective boxes summarize timely articles of interest and point out their relevance and applicability to practice.
- Separate chapters on key topic areas such as cultural diversity; consumer relationships; delegation; managing information and technology; legal and ethical issues; and many more.
- End-of-chapter Tips offer guidelines for applying information presented in the chapter.
- Numbered exercises challenge you to think critically about concepts in the text and apply them to real-life situations.
- Eye-catching full-color design helps engage and guide you through each chapter.
- Glossary alphabetically lists and defines all the boldfaced key terms from the chapters.
- Chapter Checklists provide a quick summary of key points and serve as a handy study tool.
- NEW! QSEN competencies incorporated throughout the text emphasize the importance of providing safe; high-quality nursing care.
- NEW! What New Graduates Say section at the end of each chapter provides you with a real-world perspective on the transition to clinical practice.
- NEW! Expanded content on legal and ethical issues; care delivery strategies; staffing; quality; and consumer relationships.
- NEW! Updated photos throughout the book maintain a contemporary and visually appealing look and feel.