Patricia S. Yoder-Wise.
Mosby; 7th edition
591 pages [1031 in converted]
Assist nursing students in their preparation for the NCLEX® as well as their transition into practice! An innovative approach to leading and managing is offered in the seventh edition of Leading and Managing in Nursing (PDF), which is organized around the issues that are present in the rapidly evolving healthcare environment of today. This approach combines research with theory and practical application. This state-of-the-art textbook covers topics such as patient safety, cultural diversity, delegated resource management, consumer interactions, and communication. In addition to this, it supplies just the proper amount of material to empower college students with the tools they need to grasp leadership and management, which in turn will better prepare them for clinical practice.
- A visually appealing and fully colored design, which helps engage kids and guides them through each chapter.
- The key theoretical concepts that are relevant to the chapter’s subject matter are highlighted and summarized in the theory boxes.
- The Evidence boxes that can be found throughout each chapter provide a summary of pertinent ideas and studies taken from the nursing, business, and medical literature.
- NEW! The chapter titled “Being an Effective Follower” provides information on the development of “followership” in nursing as well as the significance of the concept.
- UPDATED! The many nurse care delivery models that are used to arrange care in a variety of healthcare organizations are discussed in Chapter 12, which is titled “Care Delivery Strategies.”
- NEW! The material is presented in a way that is both clear and effective, and the chapter organization includes new standard headings throughout. Additionally, the pedagogy at the end of each chapter is improved.
- Separate chapters on important subject areas, including cultural diversity, customer connections, delegation, information and technology management, legal and ethical challenges, and a great deal more.
- UPDATED! New information and references pertaining to conflicts (mediation and arbitration), personal and personnel matters, violence and incivility, and delegation have been incorporated into their respective chapters.
- UNIQUE! The Challenge is the beginning of each chapter, and The Solution is the final section of each chapter. The Challenge introduces a real-life scenario, and The Solution provides a solution to that scenario, as well as demonstrates the ins and outs of problem-solving in practice.
- UNIQUE! The Challenge is a section that appears at the beginning of each chapter. In it, professional nurse leaders and managers discuss a problem that is discussed in the chapter and encourage students to consider how they would approach the scenario if they were in the same position.
- UPDATED! Information on future trends, such as Health Information Exchange (HIE), data warehouses with predictive analytics, and information on decision support systems and their impact on patient care are included in Chapter 16: “The Impact of Technology.”
- UPDATED! Clinical Safety: The Core of Leading, Managing, and Following features the most recent guidelines for ensuring patient safety, updates to QSEN, and it will also include some new tools to assist with assessing and managing patient safety in the hospital setting. Chapter 2 is titled “Clinical Safety: The Core of Leading, Managing, and Following.”
- UPDATED! Workforce Engagement through Collective Action and Governance is the topic of Chapter 14, which provides information on how to evaluate work environments by evaluating organizational and governance characteristics, as well as strategies for nurse empowerment and engagement, and a variety of collective action and bargaining strategies that can shape nurses’ practices.
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE That the Leading and Managing in Nursing 7e PDF is the only format included here. Because it is an altered PDF, the page numbers will not correspond to those in the actual book.