Patricia S. Yoder-Wise.
Mosby; 7th edition
591 pages [1031 in converted]
Help nursing students prepare for the NCLEX® and their transition to practice! Organized around the issues in today’s constantly changing healthcare environment Leading and Managing in Nursing; 7th Edition; (PDF) offers an innovative approach to leading and managing by merging research; theory; and practical application. This cutting-edge textbook includes coverage of patient safety; cultural diversity; resource management delegation; consumer relationships; and communication. In addition; it provides just the right amount of information to equip college students with the tools they need to master leadership and management; which will better prepare them for clinical practice.
- Eye-catching full-color design helps engage and guide students through each chapter.
- Theory boxes highlight and summarize pertinent theoretical concepts related to chapter content.
- The Evidence boxes in each chapter summarize relevant concepts and research from nursing/business/medicine literature.
- NEW! Chapter 6 – Being an Effective Follower includes information on the evolution and importance of “followership” within nursing.
- UPDATED! Chapter 12; Care Delivery Strategies; covers different nursing care delivery models used to organize care in a variety of healthcare organizations.
- NEW! Chapter organization with new standard headings throughout clearly and effectively presents the material and provides a more effective end of chapter pedagogy.
- Separate chapters on key topic areas such as cultural diversity; consumer relationships; delegation; managing information and technology; legal and ethical issues; and many more.
- UPDATED! Fresh content and references related to conflict (mediation and arbitration); personal/personnel issues; violence and incivility; and delegation included in their respective chapters.
- UNIQUE! The Solution closes each chapter with an effective method to handle the real-life situation presented in The Challenge and demonstrates the ins and outs of problem-solving in practice.
- UNIQUE! Each chapter opens with The Challenge; where practicing nurse leaders/managers offer their real-world views of a concern related in the chapter; encouraging students to think about how they would handle the situation.
- UPDATED! Chapter 16; The Impact of Technology; includes information on future trends such as Health Information Exchange (HIE); data warehouses with predictive analytics; and information on decision support systems and their impact on patient care.
- UPDATED! Chapter 2; Clinical Safety: The Core of Leading; Managing; and Following; features the latest guidelines for ensuring patient safety; QSEN updates and it will also include some new tools to help with assessing/managing patient safety in the hospital setting
- UPDATED! Chapter 14; Workforce Engagement through Collective Action and Governance; provides information on how to assess work environments through assessing organizational and governance characteristics; nurse empowerment/engagement strategies; and a variety of collective action and bargaining strategies that can shape nurses’ practice.
NOTE: This only includes Leading and Managing in Nursing 7e in PDF. It’s a converted PDF hence page numbers will NOT match the physical book.