James E. Mazur
Routledge; 8th edition
This ebook; Learning & Behavior; 8th Edition; (PDF); reviews how animals and humans learn and how their behaviors are changed as a result of learning. It describes the most important principles; controversies; theories; and experiments that pertain to learning and behavior that are applicable to diverse species and different learning situations. Both classic studies and recent developments and trends are explored; providing a comprehensive survey of the field. Although the behavioral approach is emphasized; many cognitive theories are covered as well; along with a chapter on comparative cognition. Real-world examples and analogies make the concepts and theories more concrete and relevant to students. In addition; many chapters provide examples of how the principles covered have been applied to behavior modification and therapy. Thoroughly updated; every chapter features many new studies and references that reflect recent developments in the field. Learning objectives; bold-faced key terms; a chapter summary; practice quizzes; review questions; and a glossary are included. The ebook is intended for graduate or undergraduate courses in psychology of learning; (human) learning; introduction to learning; animal behavior; (principles of) learning and behavior; learning processes; conditioning and learning; experimental analysis of behavior; behaviorism; learning and motivation; and behavior analysis.
Highlights of the new 8th edition include:
– A new textbook design with more illustrations; photos; and tables.
– Discussions of recent developments in the growing field of neuroscience.
– Coverage of various theoretical perspectives to the study of learning—cognitive; behavioral; and physiological.
– New examples; references; and research studies to ensure students are introduced to the latest developments in the field.
– Expanded coverage of emerging topics such as the behavioral economics of addictions; disordered gambling; and impulsivity.
– In the Media; Spotlight on Research; and Applying the Research boxes that highlight recent applications of learning principles in psychology; education; sports; and the workplace.