Jacqueline Burchum, Laura Rosenthal
Saunders; 9th edition (February 12; 2015)
Known for its clear explanations of drug prototypes and how they work; Lehne’s Pharmacology for Nursing Care; 9th Edition provides a solid understanding of key drugs and their implications for nursing care. A perennial student favorite; this book simplifies complex concepts; using large and small print to distinguish need-to-know drug content from the material that’s merely nice to know. New to this edition are quick-reference summaries of prototype drugs; safety alerts; and a stronger QSEN focus. Written by noted nursing pharmacology instructors Jacqueline Burchum and Laura Rosenthal; this text helps you understand pharmacology as opposed to merely memorizing drug facts.
- UNIQUE! Engaging writing style with clear explanations makes difficult pharmacology concepts easy to grasp and even enjoyable to learn.
- Reader-friendly features make learning easier with concise drug summary tables; key points; chapter outlines; and a visual guide to the prototype drugs in each class.
- A drug prototype approach focuses on one representative drug within each drug family that characterizes all members of its group; so that you can apply your understanding to related drugs currently on the market as well as drugs that will be released in the future.
- Nursing implications of drug therapy are integrated throughout the etextbook and summarized at the end of chapters; demonstrating the vital relationship between drug therapy and nursing care.
- Learning resources on an Evolve companion website include animations; video clips; case studies; and NCLEX® exam-style review questions.
- Coverage of dietary supplements and herbal remedies describes potential dangerous interactions between prescribed and over-the-counter drugs and dietary supplements.
- NEW! QSEN focus includes Patient-Centered Care Across the Life Span features highlighting safe and appropriate patient care during different phases of life.
- NEW Safety Alert features emphasize the QSEN competency relating to patient safety.
- NEW! Chapter outlines include page numbers to help you locate topics quickly.
- UPDATED Special Interest Topic boxes use engaging vignettes to focus on emerging and currently trending issues in pharmacology.
- NEW authors continue Dr. Lehne’s clear; unique writing style; with state-of-the-science updates and the same accuracy and .
- NEW! Prototype Drugs features serve as a quick-reference aid to learning.