Jones – Bartlett Learning; 2nd edition
Updated and revised with the latest epidemiologic research; the Life Cycle Nutrition: An Evidence-Based Approach; 2nd edition; (PDF) explores nutritional foundations and the growth; development; and normal functioning of folks through every stage of life. With subjects as diverse as media influences on eating; fruit juice consumption; skipping breakfast; and clinical nutrition; this textbook gives college students current knowledge; helps them evaluate emerging knowledge; and prepares them to uncover new knowledge for their clients; the public; and themselves.
Key Features of the 2nd edition:
- Interesting Vignettes; based on health and nutrition; enhance college student’s understanding of the material presented.
- Evidence-Based Practice sections contain research articles that provide university students with an opportunity to create peer-reviewed studies and clinical trials.
- Cultural Diversity Sidebars; integrated throughout the textbook; present issues that challenge students to think critically about the nutritional and health differences among ethnic groups.
- Case Studies and Nutritional Management help the students develop knowledge and skills within a wide variety of subjects and improve critical thinking; public speaking; and group interactions.
- Issues to Debate sections provide timely topics for debate and further consideration such as withholding and withdrawing nutrition; the ethical implications of nutrition care; and the right to die case law. Students will learn the physiological; ethical; moral; and legal issues surrounding these emotionally charged issues.
NOTE: This product only includes the ebook Life Cycle Nutrition: An Evidence-Based Approach; 2nd edition; in PDF. No access codes included.