Pocket Companion for Physical Examination and Health Assessment (7th Edition)
Download Pocket Companion for Physical Examination and Health Assessment (7th Edition) written by Carolyn Jarvis in PDF format. This book is under the category Health and bearing the isbn/isbn13 number 0323265375; 1974803279/9780323265379; 9781974803279. You may reffer the table below for additional details of the book.
Saunders; 7th edition
Take this nursing handbook into the clinical setting! Pocket Companion for Physical Examination & Health Assessment; 7th Edition (PDF) makes it fast and easy to look up essential assessment skills and techniques. You’ll conduct more effective exams by referring to summaries of examination steps; normal versus abnormal findings; lifespan and multicultural considerations; and over 250 full-color photos and illustrations. Written by well-known educator and clinician Carolyn Jarvis; this handbook is a perfect clinical tool whether you’re a beginner who is learning assessment skills or a practitioner who needs a portable reference!
- Summary checklists offer reviews of key examination steps for quick reference.
- Abnormal findings tables help you recognize; sort and describe key abnormal findings.
- Cultural Competence sections provide a context for care of multicultural patient groups.
- NEW evidence-based guidelines reflect a focus on conducting the most effective; qualitative exams.
- Spanish-language translation chart helps you improve communication with Hispanic patients during the physical examination.
- The convenient 2-column format makes it easier to access; learn; and understand key physical examination skills and findings.
- Developmental Competence sections highlight content specific to infants; adolescents; children; pregnant women; and older adults.
- More than 250 full-color illustrations demonstrate examination skills; underlying anatomy and physiology; and normal and abnormal findings.
- NEW content on the Electronic Health Record; charting; and narrative recording includes examples of how to document assessment findings.
- NEW photos of normal and abnormal findings show the nose; mouth; throat; thorax; and pediatric assessment; including developmental and cultural variations.
- Color-coded design helps students easily locate the information they need; dividing each body system chapter into major sections (subjective data; anatomy; objective data; and abnormal findings).
NOTE: Only includes the PDF eBook. No online codes included.
Table of contents
Table of contents :
Content: Front cover
Inside front cover
Pocket Companion for Physical Examination and Health Assessment
1 The Interview and Health History
Introducing the Interview
The Working Phase
Closed or Direct Questions
Closing the Interview
Ten Traps of Interviewing
1. Providing False Reassurance.
2. Giving Unwanted Advice. 3. Using Authority.4. Using Avoidance Language.
5. Engaging in Distancing.
6. Using Professional Jargon.
7. Using Leading or Biased Questions.
8. Talking Too Much.
10. Using “Why” Questions.
The Health History: the Adult
Source of History
Reason for Seeking Care
Present Health or History of Present Illness
Accidents or Injuries.
Serious or Chronic Illnesses.
Hospitalizations and Operations.
Last Examination Date.
Current Medications. Family HistoryReview of Systems
General Overall Health State.
Nose and Sinuses.
Mouth and Throat.
Peripheral Vascular System.
Male Genital System.
Female Genital System.
Health Promotion. Neurologic System.Hematologic System.
Functional Assessment (Activities of Daily Living)
Coping and Stress Management.
Intimate Partner Violence.
Perception of Health
2 Mental Status
The Mental Status Examination
Posture and Position.
Grooming and Hygiene.
Level of Consciousness.
Mood/Affect. Cognitive FunctionsOrientation.
Thought Processes and Perceptions
Screen for Anxiety Disorders.
Screen for Depression.
Screen for Suicidal Thoughts.
3 Assessment Techniques and the Clinical Setting
The Stationary Hand.
The Striking Hand.
A Safer Environment
Approach to the Clinical Setting
Whether you’re just looking to type about a hobby you have or if you want to attempt to run a business, starting a blog might be worthy of your consideration. Before you get started, first take a few minutes to read these expert-provided tips below. Once you learn about blogging,…
Follow my blog with BloglovinAre you also looking for a good structure for your business blogs? That you finally have a serious and good structure for all your texts that are online? On your website but also on social media. In this review you will find 5 tips from Susanna Florie from her…
“Why engineering?” is a question I get often. The answer for me is simple: I like to solve problems. Engineering is a popular field for many reasons. Perhaps this is because almost everything around us is created by engineers in one way or another, and there are always new, emerging and exciting technologies impacting…
Not sure how best to study math ? Are you perhaps someone who starts studying the day before the exam? Then you know yourself that your situation is not the most ideal. Unfortunately, there is no magic bullet to make you a maths crack or pass your exam in no time . It is important to know that mathematics always builds on…