Saunders; 7th edition
Take this nursing handbook into the clinical setting! Pocket Companion for Physical Examination & Health Assessment; 7th Edition (PDF) makes it fast and easy to look up essential assessment skills and techniques. You’ll conduct more effective exams by referring to summaries of examination steps; normal versus abnormal findings; lifespan and multicultural considerations; and over 250 full-color photos and illustrations. Written by well-known educator and clinician Carolyn Jarvis; this handbook is a perfect clinical tool whether you’re a beginner who is learning assessment skills or a practitioner who needs a portable reference!
- Summary checklists offer reviews of key examination steps for quick reference.
- Abnormal findings tables help you recognize; sort and describe key abnormal findings.
- Cultural Competence sections provide a context for care of multicultural patient groups.
- NEW evidence-based guidelines reflect a focus on conducting the most effective; qualitative exams.
- Spanish-language translation chart helps you improve communication with Hispanic patients during the physical examination.
- The convenient 2-column format makes it easier to access; learn; and understand key physical examination skills and findings.
- Developmental Competence sections highlight content specific to infants; adolescents; children; pregnant women; and older adults.
- More than 250 full-color illustrations demonstrate examination skills; underlying anatomy and physiology; and normal and abnormal findings.
- NEW content on the Electronic Health Record; charting; and narrative recording includes examples of how to document assessment findings.
- NEW photos of normal and abnormal findings show the nose; mouth; throat; thorax; and pediatric assessment; including developmental and cultural variations.
- Color-coded design helps students easily locate the information they need; dividing each body system chapter into major sections (subjective data; anatomy; objective data; and abnormal findings).
NOTE: Only includes the PDF eBook. No online codes included.