Shannon E. Perry, Marilyn J. Hockenberry, Deitra Leonard Lowdermilk, David Wilson
Mosby; 5th edition
Written by the foremost experts in pediatric and maternity nursing; Maternal Child Nursing Care; 5th Edition (PDF) offers the accurate; practical information you need to succeed in the classroom; the clinical setting; and on the NCLEX® examination. This latest new Fifth edition offers numerous content updates throughout the textbook to keep you up-to-date on the best practices and latest topics. Plus hundreds of alert boxes; illustrations; and tables clarify key content and help you quickly find essential information.
- Emergency boxes in the maternity unit guide you through step-by-step emergency procedures.
- NEW! Medication Alerts stress medication safety concerns for better therapeutic management.
- Family-Centered Care boxes highlight the needs or concerns of families that you should consider to provide family-centered care.
- Critical thinking case studies offer opportunities to test and develop your analytical skills and apply knowledge in various settings.
- Community Focus boxes emphasize community issues; supply resources; and guidance; and illustrate nursing care in a variety of settings.
- NEW! Safety Alerts integrated and highlighted within the content draw attention to developing competencies related to safe nursing practice.
- Expert authors of the market-leading maternity and pediatric nursing textbooks combine to ensure delivery of the most accurate; up-to-date content.
- Atraumatic Care boxes in the pediatric unit teach you how to provide competent and effective care to pediatric patients with the least amount of psychological or physical stress.
- NEW! Updated Evidence-Based Practice boxes including QSEN KSAs (knowledge; skills; attitudes) provide the most current practice guidelines to promote quality care.
- NEW! Content updates throughout the text give you the latest information on topics such as the late preterm infant; fetal heart rate pattern identification; obesity in the pregnant woman; shaken baby syndrome/traumatic brain injury; Healthy People 2020; car restraints; immunizations; and childhood obesity.