Butterworth-Heinemann; 5th edition
MATLAB: A Practical Introduction to Programming and Problem Solving; 5th edition (PDF) winner of TAA’s 2017 Textbook Excellence Award (“Texty”); guides the student through both programming and built-in functions to easily exploit MATLAB’s extensive capabilities for tackling scientific and engineering problems. Assuming no knowledge of programming; this PDF ebook starts with programming concepts; such as assignments; variables; and selection statements; moves on to loops; and then solves problems using both the programming concept and the power of MATLAB. The 5th edition has been updated to reflect the functionality of the current version of MATLAB (R2018a); including the addition of local functions in scripts; the new string type; coverage of recently introduced functions to import data from web sites; and updates to the Live Editor and App Designer.
- Offers sections on common pitfalls and programming guidelines that direct students to best practice procedures
- Tests conceptual understanding of the material with ‘Quick Questions’ and ‘Practice’ sections within every chapter
- Presents programming concepts and MATLAB built-in functions side by side; giving readers the ability to program efficiently and exploit the power of MATLAB to solve technical problems
NEW TO THE 5TH EDITION:
- Local functions within scripts
- Use of MATLAB Version R2018a
- Increased coverage of App Designer
- Modified and new end-of-chapter exercises
- The new output format for most expression types
- Increased coverage of built-in functions in MATLAB
- Introduction to alternate MATLAB platforms; including MATLAB Mobile
- More coverage of data structures including categorical arrays and tables
- Introduction to recording audio from a built-in device such as a microphone
- Introduction to the RESTFUL web functions which import data from web sites
- A revised Text Manipulation chapter; which includes manipulating character vectors as well as the new string type
NOTE: This sale only includes MATLAB: A Practical Introduction to Programming and Problem Solving; 5e; in PDF. No access codes come with the ebook.
There are no reviews yet.