Kaplan Publishing; 1st edition
The NCLEX-RN exam is not just about what you know—it’s about how you think. Kaplan’s NCLEX-RN Prep Plus 2018 (PDF) uses expert critical thinking strategies and targeted sample questions to help you put your expertise into practice and ace the exam!
The NCLEX-RN exam tests how you’ll apply the medical knowledge you’ve gained in real-life situations. In NCLEX-RN Prep Plus 2018; Kaplan’s all-star nursing faculty teaches you ten critical thinking pathways to help you break down what exam questions are asking. Eight chapters end with practice sets to help you put these critical thinking principles into action.
Get everything in the NCLEX-RN Prep 2018 package; plus one more practice test online; 220 additional practice questions; 60+ minutes of new video tutorials; and a digital copy (PDF) of the ebook.
With NCLEX-RN Prep Plus 2018 you can study on-the-go. Log in from anywhere to watch video tutorials; review strategies; and take your online practice test.
Features of NCLEX-RN Prep Plus 2018 PDF
Here are important features of this book:
- 10 critical thinking pathways to break down what exam questions are asking
- 8 end-of-chapter practice sets to help you put critical thinking principles into action
- 2 full-length practice tests to gauge your progress—one in the book; one online
- Detailed rationales for all answer choices; correct and incorrect
- Techniques for mastering the computer adaptive test format
- In-depth content review; organized along the exam’s “Client Needs” framework
- 60+ minutes of video tutorials on the ins and outs of the NCLEX-RN
- Kaplan’s Learning Engineers and expert psychometricians ensure our practice questions and study materials are true to the test.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside NCLEX-RN Prep Plus 2018 (PDF):
Part 1: NCLEX-RN Exam Overview and Test Taking Strategies
Chapter 1: Overview of the NCLEX-RN® Exam
Chapter 2: General and Computer Adaptive Test Strategies
Chapter 3: NCLEX-RN Exam Strategies
Part 2: NCLEX-RN Exam Content Review and Practice
Chapter 4: Safe and Effective Care Environment
Chapter 5: Safe and Effective Care Environment: Safety and Infection Control
Chapter 6: Health Promotion and Maintenance
Chapter 7: Psychosocial Integrity
Chapter 8: Physiological Integrity: Basic Care and Comfort
Chapter 9: Physiological Integrity: Pharmacological and Parenteral Therapies
Chapter 10: Physiological Integrity: Reduction of Risk Potential
Chapter 11: Physiological Integrity: Physiological Adaptation
Part 4: The Licensure Process
Chapter 12: Application; Registration; and Scheduling
Chapter 13: Taking the Test More Than Once
Chapter 14: Essentials for International Nurses
Part 5: NCLEX-RN Exam Resources
Appendix A: Summary of Critical Thinking Paths
Appendix B: Nursing Terminology
Appendix C: Common Medical Abbreviations
Appendix D: State Boards of Nursing