Wolters Kluwer Health; 3rd US Edition
Develop the assessment skills and knowledge to excel in any clinical setting.
Nursing Health Assessment: A Best Practice Approach; 3rd edition; (PDF) has been updated to reflect today’s changing healthcare environment; this unique and modern approach to health assessment guides you progressively through realistic clinical case scenarios; emphasizing health promotion; evidence-based thinking; risk factor reduction; and diagnostic reasoning. Effective strategies help you adapt techniques and questions to confidently manage communication challenges; changes in a patient’s condition over time; unexpected patient responses; and more.
Highlights of the 3rd Edition
Progressive Case Studies in each chapter help you capably apply concepts to clinical practice through:
- Therapeutic Dialogue displays that hone the critical thinking and communication skills essential for gathering assessment data.
- Documenting Case Study Findings boxes that summarize abnormal findings in the physical examination (determined through inspection; palpation; percussion; and auscultation).
- Progress Note sections that provide sample SOAP (Subjective data; Analysis; Objective data; and Plan) notes documenting summaries of findings; with accompanying critical thinking questions.
- Clinical Reasoning in Action sections that demonstrate how to bring all the elements of assessment together to determine nursing diagnosis and related goals; rationales; interventions; and evaluation criteria.
- Collaborating With the Interprofessional Team displays that feature SBAR (Situation; Background; Assessment or Analysis; and Recommendations) frameworks for effectively coordinating referrals or other patient advocacy needs.
- NEW! Concept Mastery Alerts clarify potentially confusing topics.
- Tables of Abnormal Findings facilitate effective; fast assessments.
- Review Questions help you identify content requiring additional review.
- Clinical Significance boxes emphasize content critically related to clinical application.
- More than 70 NANDA-I Diagnoses with official definitions and defining characteristics
- Learning Objectives focus on critical information and can help you study more effectively.
- Key Points summarized at the end of each chapter reinforce the most important content at a glance.
- Safety Alert boxes highlight areas of concern or results that require immediate intervention or adjustments.
- Accompanying interactive learning resources such as videos and animations; referenced with icons in the textbook; appeal to a variety of learning styles.
- NEW! Unfolding case-based vignettes written by the National League for Nursing place concepts in a realistic context and encourage classroom discussion.
NOTE: This sale only includes Nursing Health Assessment: A Best Practice Approach; 3e in PDF. No online access codes come with the sale.