Saunders; 7th edition
A very logical, clear, and holistic approach to physical exams across the lifespan is provided in Physical Examination & Health Assessment, 7th Edition (PDF), which features an easy-to-read format and unmatched learning resources. This book also focuses on health assessment. You will be able to master all of the physical exam skills you need to know thanks to the inclusion of more than 1,200 illustrations, checklists of important exam steps, and practical insights. This is the gold standard in physical examination, and it was written by the industry expert Carolyn Jarvis, who is also an experienced educator and clinician. It reflects what is going on in nursing today, with coverage of emerging trends and the most recent information on evidence-based practice. It is very simple to comprehend the rationale behind this textbook’s position as the undisputed leader in this area.
- Content can be made easier to understand and learning how to perform a comprehensive health assessment can be facilitated by adopting an approach that is transparent, rational, and streamlined.
-The writing is written in a manner that is simple and straightforward, and it has a conversational tone.
-1200 illustrations in full color present anatomy and physiology, examination techniques, and abnormal findings. Also included are the techniques.
-More than three hundred pathophysiology pictures are included in the abnormal findings tables to assist in the process of recognizing, classifying, and describing abnormalities.
-A format with two columns differentiates between normal and abnormal findings and makes use of step-by-step photos to clarify examination techniques and expected findings.
- Coverage that is exhaustive reflects the realities of modern nursing practice, including the following:
-Case studies that have been UPDATED give you the chance to put what you’ve learned into practice and hone your analytical abilities.
-Veteran nurses who are going back to school can benefit from the review provided by the checklists that are used in the RN-to-BSN completion programs.
-The most recent evidence-based practice content is highlighted, and it reflects an emphasis on performing the most accurate and effective examinations possible.
-Examples of how to document assessment findings are included in NEW content on the electronic health record, charting, and narrative recording.
-There are 150 NEW normal and abnormal examination photos for the nose, throat, mouth, thorax, and pediatric assessment. These photos show findings that are unexpected or that require referral for follow-up care. Additionally, these photos show cultural diversity and developmental variations.
- An approach to evaluation that takes into account the many different kinds of patients you might see in the real world is called holistic assessment.
-Culture and Genetics sections include information that is both biocultural and transcultural, and it relates to a patient population that is becoming increasingly diverse.
-The sections under “Developmental Competence” present methods of evaluation that are tailored to the specific ages of children, adolescents, infants, pregnant women, and older adults.
-Encouragement of a Healthy Way of Life boxes make it possible to educate patients and promote their health while performing health assessments; they now address the overarching principle of prevention.
-The Documentation and Critical Thinking sections provide real-world clinical examples of specific patients as well as instructions on how to record assessment findings in the patient’s chart utilizing the SOAP format.
-During the physical examination of Spanish-speaking patients, important phrases are highlighted in Spanish-language translations for the purpose of improving communication and the collection of data.
- The newly added content on obesity provides up-to-date information on this increasingly prevalent health issue.
- NEW evidence-based guidelines emphasize the importance of carrying out examinations that are both effective and qualitative.
- Included among the one hundred new photographs illustrating detailed examination procedures are brand-new panoramic views of key components.
- This topic, which is becoming an increasingly important part of holistic patient assessments, is addressed in the NEW Substance Use Assessment chapter.
- A more in-depth examination of the patient’s condition as it pertains to the hospital setting has been included in an updated and expanded chapter on the assessment of hospitalized adults.
- The one hundred new photographs of abnormal findings offer instant visual cues for findings that are unexpected or that call for referral for follow-up care.
P.S. You can also get a more recent version of this ebook to read. Please see the list of related books below.
NOTE: This only includes the PDF eBook version of the seventh edition of Physical Examination and Health Assessment. The purchase does not include any online access or codes of any kind.