Marlaine C. Smith, Marilyn E. Parker
F.A. Davis Company
Noted nursing scholars explore the historical and contemporary theories that are the foundation of nursing practice today. The Nursing Theories and Nursing Practice 4th Edition (PDF) ebook meets the needs of today’s nursing students with an expanded focus on the middle range theories and practice models that link clinical practice to theory. You will explore their role in the real world and learn how they are used to research and test the interventions with the best outcomes.
- Offers in-depth coverage of the development of the theories that guide nursing practice.
- Features chapters written by the scholars; original theorists; and nurses experienced in use of the theory in their practice.
Presents 25 major theories; including:
- Meleis’s Transition Theory
- Troutman-Jordan’s Theory of Successful Aging
- Barrett’s Theory of Power as Knowing Participation in Change
- Caring Theories by Jean Watson; Madeleine M. Leininger; Anne Boykin and Savina O. Schoenhofer.
Emphasizes the relevance of theory to practice with additional content online focused on the application of theory to research.
- Addresses how to implement the theory-based practice.
- Includes a list of references for each theory in the ebook; complemented by comprehensive lists online.
NOTE: This sale only includes Nursing Theories and Nursing Practice; 4e; in PDF. No access codes included.