Pearson Education Limited; 9th global edition
This Operating Systems: Internals and Design Principles 9th edition worldwide (PDF) book is designed to be utilized in an undergraduate course in operating systems for computer engineering, computer science, and electrical engineering majors that lasts for either one or two semesters. Programmers, system engineers, network designers, and others involved in the design of information systems, as well as people working with computer products and computer systems, will find this book to be an invaluable resource for reference purposes.
Internals of Operating Systems and the Design Principles Underlying Them The 9e global edition offers a streamlined and all-encompassing introduction to various operating system subjects. Dr. William Stallings provides students in higher education with a strong understanding of the underlying structures and functions of operating systems by putting an emphasis on both design issues and fundamental principles in contemporary systems. He discusses practical decisions that effect design as well as design trade-offs, as well as performance and security. Case studies in UNIX, Linux, Android, and Windows 8/10 are utilized throughout the PDF ebook in order to highlight and reinforce design concepts as well as to link these concepts to actual design decisions that have been made in the real world.
Participation in Instruction and Education
- Both you and your college students will benefit from the enhanced teaching and learning opportunities provided by this program. It will assist with:
- Keep Your Course Up-to-Date with Updated Technical Content This edition covers the most recent advances and trends in operating systems, allowing you to keep your course up-to-date.
- This ebook provides an unprecedented level of assistance for integrating a projects component in the course, making it possible for instructors to easily include project-based learning into their curriculum.
- Offer Comprehensive Support Material to Both Instructors and Students Both instructors and students have access to resources that build on the themes covered in the textbook.
- Case studies in motion should be used to illustrate the concepts. In order to demonstrate the principles and show how they relate to actual design decisions that must be made in the real world, we will be using four actual operating systems as running examples.
Please take note that the following publication, Operating Systems: Internals and Design Principles, is now in its 9th global edition and is available in PDF format. If you want the version that is specific to North America, click here.