Jones – Bartlett Learning; 4th edition
In a primary care context, Pediatric Primary Care: Practice Guidelines for Nurses, 4th Edition (PDF) is a complete reference for well-child treatment as well as acute care management of childhood illnesses. This textbook was written by real specialists who are already working in the field, and it is meant to serve as a rapid reference guide for advanced practice nursing students once they begin working in clinical settings. The Fourth Edition includes templates for obtaining 1st visit history and a template for recording new information since the patient’s most recent appointment, both of which are included to facilitate the management of first and follow-up patient visits. In addition, there are included instructions for the collection of personal medical history information.
The newly released Fourth Edition can be broken down into two distinct parts. The first part of this chapter discusses the care of healthy children and includes topics such as new patient intake with the family, well-child visits, and normal development and growth. In the second section, we will discuss frequent childhood diseases that affect each of the body’s systems. It provides common medical disorders, as well as therapy, complications, diagnosis, and patient and family education. Each section is organized according to a body system.
Introduced in the Fourth Edition of Pediatric Primary Care:
- Recent examples and case studies
- Guidelines for current pediatric practice that have been updated
- Additional material concerning the assessment of possible cases of child abuse
- Illustrations depicting typical dermatological diseases that affect children
- Discussion about concussions, as well as advice for making a safe comeback to activities
- Links to the most recent vaccine schedule published by the CDC, as well as treatment and diagnosis information for STIs
PLEASE TAKE NOTE That the only thing included in this deal is the PDF version of the ebook “Pediatric Primary Care: Practice Guidelines for Nurses, 4th Edition.” There are no online access codes included in the package.