Jean W. Solomon, Jane Clifford O’Brien
Mosby; 4th edition
With the help of Pediatric Skills for Occupational Therapy Assistants, 4th Edition, you can acquire the knowledge necessary to provide effective treatment for adolescents and children (PDF) The AOTA Practice Framework is incorporated into this industry-leading textbook, which provides a comprehensive and application-focused information about pediatric occupational therapy aiding. The straightforward and targeted approach that the textbook takes to pediatrics covers everything from the scope of practice to in-depth coverage of pediatric health conditions, regular development, and treatment planning. This includes the whole range of topics. This brand new fourth edition has additionally been completely expanded and up to date to include new content and chapters on bodily agent modalities; group techniques; childhood weight problems; the Model of Human Occupation assessments; neurodevelopmental therapy; documentation; and ideas of elongation. Additionally, the book has been renamed to reflect its new format.
- UNIQUE! Each container in the Clinical Pearls series highlights an expert suggestion as well as a concept from one of the writers or contributors.
- The reader is helped to bridge the gap between the classroom and the clinic by the suggested actions that are included in each chapter.
- The purpose of case examples is to illustrate how fundamental concepts can be applied to real-world situations by providing a picture of those situations.
- The integration of information regarding prevention illustrates that the OTA’s function extends beyond that of intervention and therapy.
- At the end of each chapter, there is a review section that includes questions for the reader to reflect on as well as a summary of the information presented in that chapter.
- Evidence-based content material consists of clinical trials and outcome research to demonstrate the evidentiary foundation for occupational therapy assistant (OTA) practice.
- The inclusion of cultural diversity and sensitivity points acquaints the reader with the many different groups of individuals that OTAs interact with in the course of their work.
- NEW! The content on bodily agent modalities (PAMS) provides an overview of the theory behind PAMS as well as its use in the treatment of pediatric patients by OTAs.
- NEW! Readers’ awareness of the places where interventions for children might take place can be expanded by the consumption of content on developing areas of practice, such as group methods.
- User resources on the Evolve companion website feature a variety of activities to assist with strengthening the material inside the book, such as video clips and review questions. These activities can be found on the Evolve companion website.
- The reader is prepared for the information that they are expected to learn from each chapter by reading the key phrases, chapter outlines, and chapter targets that are presented at the beginning of each chapter.
- NEW! The chapter on Model of Human Occupation (MOHO) assessments includes information about pediatric MOHO exams that are genuinely available. This chapter also describes how these evaluations can also help with intervention.
- NEW! In order to keep readers up to date on the most recent discoveries and issues, fresh material on topics such as childhood weight problems, documentation, neurodevelopmental therapy, and thoughts of elongation has been included.
- UNIQUE! To demonstrate how the concepts presented in Evolve apply to actual practice, the companion website for Evolve contains video clips that show pediatric clients participating in a variety of occupational therapy techniques.
- The household-centered perspective makes use of the vocabulary of the AOTA Practice Framework to focus on personalizing the OT strategy to meet the needs of children within the context of their very own settings. This framework was developed by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE That the only thing included in this offer is the PDF version of the booklet Pediatric Skills for Occupational Therapy Assistants 4e. There are no access codes provided.