Heather Hedrick Fink, Alan E. Mikesky
Jones – Bartlett Learning
The ebook Practical Applications in Sports Nutrition, now in its fourth edition (PDF), has been updated and revised to keep pace with the growing changes in the field. It offers college students and practitioners the most recent information and dietary practices pertaining to sports nutrition, and it prepares them to assist athletes and fitness enthusiasts in achieving their personal performance goals.
The first few chapters present an overview of sports nutrition and offer a comprehensive discussion of the relationships between water, micronutrients, and macronutrients, as well as the role that each plays in an athlete’s overall performance. In later chapters, the emphasis shifts to more applied and practical aspects of sports nutrition, such as changing behaviors with the help of consultations and managing weight. This chapter focuses on the specific dietary needs of different groups of people, such as athletes who choose to be vegetarian, women who are pregnant, and those who have chronic conditions. The last chapter of the book is devoted to assisting students in gaining an understanding of how they might become sports dietitians through a combination of practical experience and academic study.
Something brand new for the 4th Edition:
- Recommendations for each food group from the most recent version of MyPlate
- A fresh look at sports nutritionists in their role as evidence-based practitioners
- Callouts in the New Food for Thought feature direct readers to relevant sections of the Sports Nutrition Workbook and Assessments.
- Guidelines, statistics, and rules that have been brought up to date can be found throughout the textbook. These include statistics on obesity, carbohydrate intake, and vitamin requirements.
- A rehashed discussion of the connection between one’s present body weight and the amount of carbohydrates consumed, in addition to the kinds and amounts of carbs that should be consumed while exercising.
P.S. A more recent version of this ebook is also available for purchase here. Get in touch for further information.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE That the only thing included in this offer is the PDF version of the booklet Practical Applications in Sports Nutrition 4e. There are no access codes or other material included with this purchase.