Oxford University Press; 4th edition
Practical English Usage; 4th Edition; (PDF) is recommended for any trainee teacher; teacher or advanced-level student searching for answers to questions about the English language. The material is now structured in two parts (vocabulary and grammar); making it easier than ever to find the answers; either in print or online.
Part 1 is a complete practical learner’s grammar with 28 sections; including all the structural points that make problems for learners.
Part 2 is a guide to vocabulary problems encompassing:
– rules for spelling and word formation
– an A-Z guide to more than 250 common word problems
More than 600 entries provide answers to the questions that learners usually ask; for instance:
- singular they
- bring or take?
- use of tenses
- article problems
- classic or classical?
- the language of emails
- get as a passive auxiliary
- could; can may or might?
- the truth about conditionals
- rules for word formation and spelling
- changes in English
- preventing offensive language
- British-American differences
- questions of idiom and style
- lists of learners’ most common mistakes
- the grammar of speech and formal writing
- an analysis of high-priority vocabulary areas
- a guide to more than 250 common vocabulary problems
NOTE: This product only includes the ebook Practical English Usage; 4th Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.