Oxford University Press; 4th edition
If you are a student at an advanced level, a teacher in training, or a teacher who is looking for answers to questions about the English language, it is recommended that you read Practical English Usage, 4th Edition (PDF). Because the material is now divided into two sections (vocabulary and grammar), it is now much simpler to locate the answers, whether they are looked up in a book or on the internet.
The first part is a comprehensive practical learner’s grammar that is broken down into 28 sections. It covers all of the structural points that pose difficulties for students.
A guide to vocabulary problems can be found in Part 2, which includes the following: – rules for spelling and word formation
– an explanation of each and every one of the over 250 most typical word problems
More than 600 entries provide responses to the questions that students typically have, including the following examples:
- singular they
- bring or take?
- use of tenses
- article problems
- classic or classical?
- the language of emails
- get as a passive auxiliary
- could; can may or might?
- the truth about conditionals
- rules for word formation and spelling
- changes in English
- preventing offensive language
- British-American differences
- questions of idiom and style
- lists of learners’ most common mistakes
- the grammar of speech and formal writing
- an analysis of high-priority vocabulary areas
- a guide to more than 250 common vocabulary problems
PLEASE TAKE NOTE That the only thing that is included in this product is the PDF version of the ebook Practical English Usage, 4th Edition. There are no access codes contained within.