John E. Bennett, Martin J. Blaser, Raphael Dolin
Saunders; 8th edition
After 35 years, Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett's Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases; 8th Edition (PDF) is still the go-to reference of choice for comprehensive, global guidance on treating and diagnosing the most difficult infectious diseases. The book was written by Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett. Drs. Raphael Dolin and John E. Bennett, along with the newest member of the editorial team, Dr. Martin Blaser, have painstakingly revised this most recent edition of the 8th book in order to save you time and to ensure that you have access to the most recent scientific and clinical information. With brand new chapters, expanded and updated coverage, increased global perspectives, and many new contributors, Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett's Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases 8e PDF assists medical professionals and medical students in the diagnosis and treatment of any infectious disease they may encounter.
- The newly added chapter summaries make it simple and quick for you to find and understand the information you require.
- You will not find a better in-depth discussion of the etiology, epidemiology, microbiology, pathology, immunology, and treatment of infectious agents in any other ID resource. This resource will provide you with the answers to any questions that you may have.
- Utilize the most recent information in the form of revised diagnoses and treatments for infectious diseases that are already known about as well as those that are just beginning to emerge, such as those caused by avian viruses and swine influenza.
- An enlarged team of American and international contributors will provide you with the opportunity to gain access to new viewpoints as well as enhanced insights into global issues. Dr. Martin Blaser, a leading expert and the Muriel G. and George W. Singer Professional of Translational Medicine at New York University School of Medicine, has joined the veteran editors of PPID, Dr. John E. Bennett and Dr. Raphael Dolin, to continue the tradition of excellence that has been established.
- Utilize the most up-to-date information in your practice with probiotics chapters that have been newly written or totally rewritten; Antivirals newly developed to combat Hepatitis B and C, as well as new pandemic strains of influenza; New Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) Virus; Sepsis; Advances in HIV prevention and treatment; Clostridium difficile treatment; Viral gastroenteritis; Lyme Disease; Helicobacter pylori; Immunization (new vaccines and new recommendations); Malaria; Infections in immunocompromised hosts; and Microbiome. Antibiotics for resistant bacteria; Antifungal drugs; New Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) Virus; Sepsis; Advances
NOTE: This purchase only contains the Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases 8th edition PDF. There are no online codes or access included with this purchase.