Charles P. Nemeth
The fifth edition of Private Security and the Law is a singular resource that provides the most comprehensive analysis of practices in the security industry with respect to the law, licensure, regulation, and constitutional questions of case and statutory authority. This resource was written by a single author and is available in only one edition.
The free PDF ebook begins with a historical background of the security industry, including regulations and laws, and then proceeds to walk step-by-step through an analysis of the development of case law over the years as it applies to circumstances that are typically encountered by security practitioners. It provides a description of the legal requirements that security companies must meet and places an emphasis on the liability problems that are typical of security operations. These problems include tortious liability, negligence, civil actions that are frequently litigated, and strategies to avoid legal actions that hinder the effectiveness of business operations. In addition, chapters address the constitutional and due-process aspects of private security both globally and domestically. These aspects include recent trends and cases that are projected to become more prevalent in the foreseeable future. A special analysis of public-private cooperative relationships in law enforcement is included as part of the updated coverage that is new to this 5th edition. Other new topics covered include developments in statutory authority, changes to state and federal processes of oversight and licensure, and more. The following are important features:
- Security professionals all around the United States can benefit greatly from national scope because it supplies them with essential characteristics.
- Analysis of developing standards based on the most recent case law gives the most cutting-edge legal treatment possible.
- Complicated topics are explained in a manner that is easy to understand and enjoyable to read, making this book ideal for students and security professionals alike.
- Contains over 200 tables and figures that give crucial comparative data on statutes and regulations, as well as demonstrate ideas.
- Numerous case studies, case readings, and case examples offer real-world examples of the application of security law and litigation.
The Relationship Between Private Security and the Law; 5e; PDF is an authoritative and academic treatise that serves as a valuable reference for professionals and as an introduction for students in programs for security management and criminal justice regarding the legal and ethical standards that shape the industry. PDF was created to serve both of these audiences.