O’Reilly Media; 1st edition
If you’re grounded in the basics of Swift; Xcode; and the Cocoa framework; this PDF ebook; “Programming iOS 11: Dive Deep into Views; View Controllers; and Frameworks” provides a structured explanation of all essential real-world iOS app components. Through deep exploration and copious code examples; you’ll learn how to create views; manipulate view controllers; and add features from iOS frameworks.
- Create; draw; arrange; layer; and animate views that respond to touch
- Use view controllers to manage multiple screens of interface
- Master interface classes for scroll views; table views; text; popovers; split views; web views; and controls
- Dive into frameworks for sound; maps; video; and sensors
- Access user libraries: music; contacts; photos; and calendar
- Explore additional topics; networking; including files; and threads
Stay up-to-date on iOS 11 innovations; such as:
- Drag and drop
- Autolayout changes (including the new safe area)
- Table cell swipe buttons
- Dynamic type improvements
- Stretchable navigation bars
- Offline sound file rendering; new map annotation types; image picker controller changes; and more
All example code (now rewritten in Swift 4) is available on GitHub for you to download; study; and run.
Want to brush up on the basics? Pick up iOS 11 Programming Fundamentals with Swift to learn about Swift; Xcode; and Cocoa. Together with Programming iOS 11; you’ll gain a rigorous; solid; and practical understanding of iOS 11 development.