Raymond H. Myers, Douglas C. Montgomery, Christine M. Anderson-Cook
Wiley; 4th edition
The Response Surface Methodology: Process and Product Optimization Using Designed Experiments, which has undergone a significant amount of editing, is available now. The fourth edition (PDF) includes updated coverage on the applications as well as the underlying theory of the response surface methodology (RSM). The latest new fourth edition covers both classical and modern response surface designs in order to present a clear connection between the analyses and designs in RSM. This connection is necessary in order to successfully apply RSM in modern applications, which is why the assumptions and conditions that are included in this edition are necessary.
Including many sections that have been updated with new subjects and extended content; The Response Surface Methodology seeks to optimize both processes and products via the use of well designed experiments; Included in the 4th Edition are:
- An wide list of references to help readers keep up with the most recent findings from renowned researchers working in the field of RSM
- Additional coverage on subjects such as tests performed using computer models, definitive screening designs, and data measured using error
- Integration of more examples and experiments, which present the most recent versions of software programs like JMP®, SAS, and Design-Expert®, is expanded throughout the book.
- A significant number of revisions made to subjects including optimization strategies, multiple response optimization, optimal designs, methodologies for design evaluation, resilient parameter design, computer-generated designs, and non-normal responses.
- An appropriate PDF etextbook for upper-level undergraduate and graduate level courses in engineering, statistics, and the chemical and physical sciences, Response Surface Methodology: Optimization of the Process and the Product Through the Use of Designed Experiments; 4e PDF can also be an invaluable resource for engineers and applied statisticians working in fields such as process, quality, and chemistry.