Anne Waugh, Allison Grant
Churchill Livingstone; 12th edition (May 12; 2014)
Since its initial publication more than 50 years ago, Ross and Wilson’s Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness has been the go-to option for more than one million college students, making it the undisputed leader in its field. An introduction to the structure and functions of the human body, as well as the impact of disease or illness on the normal functioning of the body, is provided in this online version of one of the most widely used anatomy and physiology textbooks in the world. To a greater extent than any other textbook, Ross and Wilson’s Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness, 9th edition (PDF) makes learning more interesting and visual by employing language that is simple and direct, which is complemented by color graphics and a vast array of online exercises.
The duo of Ross and Wilson Reading Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness, 12th Edition is required for anyone beginning a career in the medical field, particularly in the nursing and allied health professions, alternative or complementary medicine, or as paramedics and ambulance technicians.
“New chapters have been added that discuss the effects that natural aging has on the composition and operation of the various body systems. The internet access, the learning outcomes, and the normal value tables have all been expanded in addition to the glossary. This book offers an outstanding price-to-quality ratio.” Nursing Standard has looked into this.
- Highly illustrative, both in black-and-white and color images and diagrams.
- The objectives for learning associated with the chapters’ individual sections
- Appendix with referenceable useful biological values included for your convenience.
- In anatomy and physiology, some often used suffixes, prefixes, and roots are as follows:
- Learning and review are facilitated by the use of regular sequences of headings, as well as lists and bullet points.
- An extensive lexicon designed to provide a handy, quick, and clear reference to the most significant terminology.
- In addition to revised drawings, additional colored electron images and micrographs
- Completely rewritten and up-to-date textbook, with an emphasis on the problems that are most frequently seen in patients
- A colouring book and workbook to go along with this ebook that can help support more systematic learning and review of the information included in it.
- Textbook that has been meticulously polished; it is plain and obvious, and it omits the extraneous detail that is likely to confuse students who are new to the topic.
- The large and varied variety of really well-liked web-based online revision exercises has recently been supplemented with the addition of a user-friendly coloring option.
- New sections on the effects of natural aging on the structure and function of the body’s systems have been included to strengthen the foundational information and better represent the changing demographics of an increasingly elderly population.
- Access to supplementary digital resources, such as animations of a very high quality, case studies, coloring activities, self-testing questions, an audio pronunciation aid, and weblinks.
Please be aware that the PDF version of the book is all that is included with this purchase. There is no online access code included with this purchase.