Joey D’Antoni, Louis Davidson, Allan Hirt, John Martin, Anthony Nocentino, Tim Radney, Randolph West
Learn how to bring together SQL Server’s analytics with Azure’s flexibility and hybrid connectivity to attain industry-leading manageability and performance for your cloud database.
- Understand platform accessibility for SQL Server in Azure
- Discover the benefits and deployment choices offered by SQL IaaS
- Get to grips with installing SQL Server on the Linux development ecosystem
Deploying SQL Server on Azure virtual machines lets you work on full versions of SQL Server in the cloud without having to keep on-premises hardware. SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines; (PDF) begins by introducing you to the SQL portfolio in Azure and takes you through SQL Server IaaS scenarios; before describing the factors that you need to ponder while choosing an OS for SQL Server in Azure VMs. As you progress through the ebook; you’ll search for different VM options and deployment choices for IaaS and understand migration tools; platform availability; and best practices in Azure. In the final chapters; you’ll learn how to configure the storage to attain optimized performance. Finally; you’ll get to grips with the model of Azure Hybrid Benefit and find out how you can use it to optimize the value of your existing on-premises SQL Server.
By the end of this ebook; you’ll be an expert in administering SQL Server on Microsoft Azure and leveraging the tools necessary for its deployment.
What you will learn
- Optimize SQL Server on Linux
- Find out how to back up databases to a URL
- Verify connectivity and network latency in cloud
- Select an operating system for SQL Server in Azure VMs
- Configure storage for optimal performance and connectivity
- Explore numerous disaster recovery options for SQL Server in Azure
- Use the Azure Management Portal to simplify the deployment process
Who is this ebook (SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines) for?
SQL Server on Azure VMs is for you if you are a data enthusiast; developer; or anybody who wants to migrate SQL Server databases to Azure virtual machines. Plain familiarity with SQL Server and managed identities for Azure resources will be favorable.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to SQL
- Getting started with SQL Server in Azure VMs
- Hero capabilities for SQL Server on Azure VMs
- SQL Server on Linux in Azure VMs
- Moving workloads to SQL Server in Azure VMs
- Hybrid scenarios
NOTE: The product only includes SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines: A hands-on guide to provisioning Microsoft SQL Server on Azure VMs in PDF. No access codes are included.