Jeffrey D. Fortman, Terry A. Hewett, Lisa C. Halliday
CRC Press; 2nd edition
143984139X; 1138106941; 1351643274; 1315117061
9781439841396/ 9781138106949/ 9781351643276/ 9781315117065
Extensively revised to incorporate the most recent findings from relevant research, The Laboratory Nonhuman Primate, 2nd Edition; (PDF) continues to serve as a handy reference source for caretakers, technicians, researchers, veterinarians, and students who are engaged in scientific research with primates. It includes information on organic characteristics, regulatory compliance, common diseases, and the administration of anesthetics. Additionally, it provides details on fundamental husbandry.
This book provides clear and easy-to-follow descriptions of fundamental technical operations, such as how to confine a patient, how to do an intubation, how to perform a tuberculin skin test, and how to collect urine and blood samples. In addition to this, it does advanced sample methods such as analyzing bone marrow, bronchoalveolar lavage fluid, cerebrospinal fluid, and rectal mucosal biopsies. The Laboratory Nonhuman Primate provides information in a condensed and understandable format, which enables readers to incorporate the concepts and strategies presented into the standard operating procedures of a facility.
Primary available choices
- Describes in detail both common and cutting-edge sampling techniques and provides step-by-step instructions.
- Contains 28 tables that have been brought up to date and are designed to be quick and simple references for both New and Old World species.
- This article provides a concise summary of the regulatory concerns about the use of nonhuman primates in biomedical research.
- Contains exhaustive lists of essential resources for distributors of animals, feed, sanitary supplies, anesthetic gear, caging, and veterinarian and analysis supplies
- Describes how the chapter on Veterinary Care has been updated to include new sections on nutritional support, dental care, behavioral conditions, and information on the most recent medications for analgesics and anesthetics.
- Contains over a hundred photographs and graphics, the majority of which are now in color, exhibiting aspects of nonhuman primate biology, administration techniques, behavior, illnesses, and technical operations.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE That this product only includes the PDF version of The Laboratory Nonhuman Primate, 2nd Edition. There are no access codes contained within.