McGraw-Hill Medical; 2nd edition
The NeuroICU Book 2nd edition (PDF) ebook is the acclaimed protocol-based guide to neurocritical care – essential for daily practice and the boards.
An immediate classic; this groundbreaking textbook is based on the premise that neurointensivists must be trained to handle not only the brain but the entire body. The NeuroICU Book; 2nd Edition does not limit coverage to the spine and brain – it spans all organ failures and insufficiencies – along with neurologic illnesses.
Thoroughly updated to keep pace with all the advances in this emerging field; The NeuroICU Book 2e combines the latest clinical perspectives in critical care neurology; medicine; and neurosurgery. This practical; evidence-based textbook standardizes neurocritical care and takes you through the rationale for those standards. Filled with detailed case studies and enhanced by a question-and-answer format; the ebook not only builds competency in recognizing acute changes in neurological function but also addresses all organ failures and insufficiencies; reflecting the real-life challenges in the modern neuro-ICU.
• Strong emphasis on clinical practicality
• Practical tools include algorithms; illustrations; photographs; tables; detailed references; and critical take-home points
• Evidence-based approach leverages the scientific and controlled research that supports the key treatment methods outlined in the ebook
• Balanced coverage of neurologic and critical care and neurosurgery offers outstanding preparation for the neurocritical care board certification exam as well as an indispensable primer for daily clinical work
• 2nd Edition includes new chapters covering CNS infection; acute liver failure; paroxysmal sympathetic hyperactivity; spine trauma; pediatric neurosurgery; encephalopathy and delirium; and carotid endarterectomy and extracranial-intracranial bypass
NOTE: This sale only includes the ebook The NeuroICU Book; 2nd edition; in PDF. Access codes are not included.