Sue E. Huether, Kathryn L. McCance
Mosby; 6th edition
Master the important pathophysiology concepts you need to know with the most engaging and reader-friendly textbook available. Filled with vibrant illustrations and complemented by online resources that bring pathophysiology concepts to life; Understanding Pathophysiology; 6th Edition continues its tradition of delivering the most accurate information on manifestations; treatments; and mechanisms of disease across the lifespan; giving you the fundamental knowledge needed to move forward in your nursing career and education. New additions include new content on rare diseases; a new chapter on epigenetics; a separate chapter for female and male reproductive alterations; simplified language; streamlined features; and fully updated information throughout.
- Algorithms throughout the textbook clarify disease progression.
- Chapter outlines help readers find specific information with ease.
- Key terms are bolded throughout the textbook for fast; easy reference.
- Quick Check boxes test readers’ retention of important chapter concepts.
- Did You Understand? sections provide a fast and efficient review of chapter content.
- Glossary of selected terms familiarizes readers with the most difficult or important terminology.
- Risk Factor boxes alert readers to important safety considerations associated with specific diseases.
- Lifespan coverage details age-specific conditions affecting pediatric; adult; and aging patients in depth.
- Chapter introductions explain why chapter content is important and how it fits into a broader health care context.
- More than 1;000 high-quality illustrations vividly depict clinical manifestations and cellular mechanisms underlying diseases.
- Health Alert boxes highlight new developments in biologic research; preventive care; treatments; diagnostic studies; and more.
- Introduction to Pathophysiology in the front matter section provides intro to the subject of pathophysiology and explains why it is important.
- Consistent presentation helps readers better distinguish pathophysiology; clinical manifestations; and evaluation and treatment for each disease.
- Geriatric Considerations boxes and Pediatric Considerations boxes highlight key considerations for these demographics in relevant chapters.
- Additional online resources on Evolve companion website offers access to review questions; animations; key terms matching exercises; and more.
NOTE: This eBook has been converted to PDF from ePub; hence page numbers will NOT match the hard copy.