Patricia A. Potter Anne Griffin Perry, Patricia Stockert – 3 more
Mosby Canada; 6th edition (May 29 2018)
The Canadian Fundamentals of Nursing, 6th Edition (PDF) gives you the solid educational foundation you need to learn nursing concepts, principles, and skills with ease. With a greater emphasis on; and integration of; health literacy; interprofessional collaboration; and clinical reasoning; this edition provides you with the solid educational foundation you need. The dependable and user-friendly methodology of the e-textbook explains the fundamental ideas, ideas behind those principles, and abilities that are necessary for your success. The most recent edition, published in 2018, is the sixth iteration of the book and includes additional chapters centered on the health requirements of indigenous people as well as advice on how to interact between interprofessional fields. This sixth version, which has been meticulously examined by nursing professionals from Canada, ensures that you are well equipped to work as a nurse in Canada.
- A glossary allows for easy access to the definitions of all of the important terminology.
- Care planning for patients who have more than one nursing diagnosis is illustrated on more than 20 concept maps.
- Instructions for completing fundamental abilities can be found in procedural guidelines, which offer condensed and step-by-step guidance.
- The most recent photographs showcase the most recent advancements in nursing techniques and tools applicable to Canadian nursing practice.
- The information presented in the boxes labeled “Focus on Older Persons” highlights crucial aspects of nursing assessment and care for older people.
- Each chapter has a set of key points and key phrases that condense the most significant topics for easier and more effective review and study.
- The Evidence-Informed Practice chapter addresses the idea of research literacy and discusses ways to make improvements to the quality of care (QI)
- n order for care plans to accurately represent national standards, NOC outcomes, NIC interventions, and NANDA diagnoses are all incorporated into the plans.
- The Five-step Nursing Process offers a standardized organizational structure for care and is illustrated in more than 20 different care plans.
- The implementation sections will prepare you for all levels of care in all settings by covering health promotion, acute care, and continuing care respectively.
- Unexpected Outcomes and Related Interventions provides warnings about potential issues as well as the appropriate nursing actions to take for each skill.
- There are over fifty different skill demonstrations that provide illustrated, step-by-step directions for providing safe nursing care. These instructions also contain the rationales for each step.
- Case studies incorporate one-of-a-kind clinical application activities and questions, which provide nursing students with the opportunity to hone their skills in the use of care plans and concept maps.
- The boxes labeled “Cultural Aspects of Care” provide a concise summary of the cultural factors that are relevant to the chapter's subject matter and offer practical advice for how to accommodate patients' cultural preferences and demands.
- Patient Teaching boxes are a useful tool that can assist you in planning effective teaching by assisting you to first establish outcomes, then develop strategies on how to educate, and finally apply measurements to evaluate the effectiveness of learning.
- Planning sections assist nurses in planning and prioritizing care by placing an emphasis on setting priorities, goals and outcomes, teamwork and collaboration, and other similar topics.
- UNIQUE! Students are shown how to utilize both the nursing process and critical thinking in order to achieve good clinical outcomes through the use of critical thinking models that are included in each clinical chapter.
Please be aware that this package only contains the book in PDF format. There is NOT a code for internet access supplied.