Al Heuer, Craig L.Scanlan
Mosby; 7th edition
Master the patient assessment skills you need to provide effective respiratory therapy! Wilkins’ Clinical Assessment in Respiratory Care 7th Edition (ePub) prepares you to evaluate the effectiveness of treatment; assist physicians as they make treatment decisions; and determine if changes in the treatment need to be made. This latest edition expands coverage of infection control and cardiopulmonary symptoms; and follows a more logical progression through the many aspects of assessment. Written by Dr. Craig Scanlan and Dr. Albert Heuer; this comprehensive resource also helps you prepare for the CRT; NBRC and RRT credentialing exams by cross-referencing material within the ebook to the NBRC exam matrices.
The Wilkins’ Clinical Assessment in Respiratory Care 7th Edition eBook is preferred over any other because:
- Simply Stated boxes promote and highlight understanding of important concepts.
- Case studies offer real-life clinical scenarios challenging you to interpret data and make accurate patient assessments.
- A comprehensive approach covers all of the most important aspects of assessment; so you can assess patients effectively.
- NEW! Expert authors Craig Scanlan and Albert Heuer are recognized; well-known educators in the field of respiratory therapy.
- Key Point summaries at the end of each chapter emphasize the learning objectives and provide an overview of important material.
- NEW or expanded coverage includes cardiopulmonary symptoms; blood gas interpretation; neurologic assessment; and Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- Learning objectives; chapter overviews; chapter outlines; and key terms lists begin each chapter; preparing you for the key topics and content you will learn.
- Assessment questions help you review by reflecting the learning objectives and the NBRC Exam format; with answers including rationales for correct answer options.
- NEW! List of common abbreviations on the inside front cover offers quick and easy access to abbreviations and acronyms used in the textbook and throughout the profession.
- Ask Yourself boxes list questions that you should ask patients (e.g.; sputum; coughing; shortness of breath) or ask yourself (e.g.; blood pressure; lung sounds you are hearing; respiratory rate).
- NEW! Emphasis on infection control includes expanded content on topics such as the prevention and treatment of VAP (ventilator-associated pneumonia) and nosocomial infections in the hospital and home setting.
- NEW! Correlation of content to the NBRC combined RRT/CRT exam matrices is provided on the Evolve companion website; helping you prepare for these difficult exams by cross-referencing material within the ebook to the NBRC exam matrices for the RRT and CRT credentialing exams.
NOTE: This eBook is in the ePub format. A converted PDF is also available on requested. Although there are many free ebook readers than can read the ePub format; we recommended the free Adobe Digital Edition.