Al Heuer, Craig L.Scanlan
Mosby; 7th edition
Acquire the abilities in patient assessment that are necessary in order to give efficient respiratory therapy! The Wilkins' Clinical Assessment in Respiratory Care 7th Edition (ePub) will prepare you to evaluate the success of treatment, aid physicians as they make decisions regarding treatment, and determine if there is a need to make adjustments to the treatment. In this most recent version, coverage of infection control and cardiopulmonary symptoms has been expanded, and the book now follows a more logical sequence as it moves through the many different parts of assessment. This thorough resource, which was written by Dr. Craig Scanlan and Dr. Albert Heuer, also assists you in preparing for the CRT, NBRC, and RRT credentialing tests by cross-referencing the material contained inside the ebook to the matrices used by the NBRC.
It is recommended that you purchase the Wilkins' Clinical Assessment in Respiratory Care 7th Edition eBook rather than any other edition for the following reasons:
- The Simply Stated boxes foster and emphasize an increased level of comprehension of key ideas.
- Case studies provide you with real-life clinical scenarios, pushing you to accurately assess patients and interpret the data they provide.
- If you take a complete approach, you will cover all of the most significant facets of the exam, which will allow you to evaluate patients more accurately.
- NEW! Both Craig Scanlan and Albert Heuer are well-known educators in the field of respiratory therapy, and they are experts who have written books on the subject.
- The learning goals are emphasized throughout the book, and key point summaries at the end of each chapter provide a summary of the information that is most relevant to those goals.
- NEW or expanded covering areas include neurologic assessment, blood gas interpretation, cardiopulmonary symptoms, and electronic medical records (EMR).
- At the beginning of each chapter, you will find a list of essential terminology, learning objectives, chapter overviews, and chapter outlines. These will prepare you for the important themes and subject that you will learn.
- The learning objectives and the format of the NBRC Exam are reflected in the assessment questions, and the answers include rationales for the various correct answer selections. These questions are designed to help you study the material.
- NEW! The abbreviations and acronyms that are used in the textbook and throughout the profession are listed in a list that is located on the inside front cover of the book. This list makes it possible to obtain the information quickly and easily.
- The boxes labeled “Ask Yourself” provide a list of questions that you should ask patients (such as “sputum,” “coughing,” and “shortness of breath”) or questions that you should ask yourself (e.g.; blood pressure; lung sounds you are hearing; respiratory rate).
- NEW! The prevention and treatment of VAP (ventilator-associated pneumonia) as well as nosocomial infections in hospitals and at home are included in the enlarged content that is part of the focus on infection control.
- NEW! On the Evolve companion website, you'll find a correlation of content to the NBRC combined RRT/CRT exam matrices. This will help you prepare for these challenging exams by cross-referencing topics within the ebook to the NBRC exam matrices for the RRT and CRT credentialing exams.
PLEASE BE AWARE That the format of this eBook is ePub. In addition, a PDF that has been converted can be provided upon request. Although there are numerous free ebook readers that are capable of reading the ePub format, the free Adobe Digital Edition is the one that we recommend using.
There are no reviews yet.