Robert N. Lussier, David Kimball
Human Kinetics; Inc.; 2nd Edition
9781450434157/ 9781492508458/ 9781492577188
Applied Sport Management Skills; 2nd Edition With Web Study Guide; (PDF) employs the four management functions of planning; organizing; leading; and controlling to teach students how to become strong managers and leaders in the world of sport. This complete and fully updated text provides an overview of management topics with an exclusive focus on developing the skills essential for managing sport organizations.
The ebook’s how-to approach and unmatched learning tools assist students put into practice what they will be doing as sport managers—including creative problem solving; and developing the skills to lead; strategic planning; organize; and delegate. By taking concepts and principles presented in the text and applying them to professional practice; students will be able to evaluate how their skills and interests can contribute to the growing field of sport management.
Applied Sport Management Skills; 2e; has been cvcomprehensively updated to improve the educational experience. Two new features have been included to the second edition. Social Media Exercises expose students to the increasing role of social media in managing a sport organization; and Starting a Sport Business features motivate students to explore the real-world needs of sport entrepreneurship; such as building an organizational structure; formulating ideas on leading employees; and controlling the financial sides of their sport business.
These new tools supplement popular features from the first edition to help students understand leadership and management in the sport industry:
- Self-assessment exercises provide insight into students’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Chapter-closing case studies; exercises and questions help students apply knowledge to specific situations.
- Behavior models offer step-by-step guidance on handling everyday situations that students will face in the sport setting.
- Developing Your Skills features; key terms and learning outcomes are reexamined throughout the chapter to reinforce key points.
- Time-Out boxes show how text concepts relate to students’ actual experience in sports; including part-time; full-time; and summer jobs.
- Applying the Concept question boxes present an opportunity for critical thinking by asking how specific concepts are relevant to a sport situation.
- Reviewing Their Game Plan chapter-opening scenarios; reconsidered throughout each chapter; provide a consistent thread to keep students motivated on how sport managers use the concepts on the job.
Instructor resources have been revised with this edition; and the expanded instructor guide offers advice on using the student web study guide with the ebook material to better engage students. The web study guide is better integrated and organized with the text to help students use the learning activities in an interactive and dynamic setting. Exercises appearing in the ebook are correspondingly numbered in the web study guide; where students may check their understanding with quizzes and other activities that further strengthen important concepts. Several activities in the web study guide can be completed as graded class assignments; while others provide immediate correct or incorrect response to students.
Applied Sport Management Skills; 2nd Edition; provides readers with an in-depth understanding of the management concepts and principles used in sport organizations and the challenges that managers face. This understanding is improved by the application of that knowledge and by the focus on developing management skills; allowing students to build a strong foundation toward a fulfilling career in sport management.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook; Applied Sport Management Skills; 2nd Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.