Deborah C. Gray Morris
Mosby; 6th edition (October 8; 2013)
This popular textbook covers the formula; ratio and proportion; and dimensional analysis methods offering a step-by-step approach to the calculation and administration of drug dosages. With over 2;000 practice problems; Gray Morris focuses on enhancing the learning experience of nursing students at all curricular levels by making content clinically applicable. Calculate with Confidence; 6th Edition addresses the increasing responsibility of the nurse in medication administration; prioritizes client safety; and reflects the current scope of practice.
- Tips for Clinical Practice boxes call attention to information critical to math calculation and patient safety.
- Safety Alert boxes highlight issues that may lead to mediation errors and empower you to identify actions that must be taken to avoid calculation errors
- Pre-test basic math review tests help you assess your basic math skills and identify areas of strength and weakness in competency of basic math.
- Chapter review problems test all major topics presented in the chapter.
- Comprehensive unit on basic math review offers complete coverage of basic math: fractions; decimals; roman numerals; ratio and proportion; and percentages.
- Separate basic math review test allows you to assess and evaluate your understanding of basic math material covered in Unit 1; directing you to review chapters if you miss any of these test questions.
- NEW! Integration of QSEN information related to patient safety in the Medication Administration chapter and throughout text.
- NEW! Content additions and updates includes word problems involving dosages; Critical Thinking Scenarios; a discussion of the concepts regarding safety issues with medication administration; plus significant updates in the critical care; insulin; and IV chapters.
- NEW! Reorganization of Answer Key features answers and the work to practice problems at the end of each chapter rather than in the back of the book.
- NEW! NCLEX-style questions on Evolve help prepare you for the NCLEX-RN Examination.