Randall D. Knight, Brian Jones, Stuart Field
Pearson; 3rd edition
Building on the research-proven instructional techniques introduced in Knight’s Physics for Scientists and Engineers; College Physics: A Strategic Approach 3rd edition (PDF) sets a new standard for algebra-based introductory physics — gaining widespread critical acclaim from science students and professors alike. The textbook; MasteringPhysics and supplements work together to help physics students see and understand the big picture; gain crucial problem-solving confidence and skills; and better prepare for lecture and their future.
For the 3rd Edition; Randall Knight; Stuart Field and Brian Jones have incorporated student feedback and research to strengthen their focus on college student learning; and to apply the best results from educational research and extensive user metadata and feedback.
This program presents an unparalleled learning and teaching experience; uniquely effective and integrated.
- Prepare for lecture: Prepare students for lecture with innovative and engaging media tools; tailored carefully to reinforce the textbook.
- Develop problem-solving skills: Equip students with problem-solving tactics and strategies through expanded guidance and practice in the text and online in MasteringPhysics.
- Understand the big picture: Enable college students to understand the connections between topics; the real-world context; and the overarching themes; skills; and principles of physics using refined and expanded learning tools.
- Foster skills for the MCAT: Gear physics students up for the new MCAT with enhanced life-science and biomedical applications in the textbook and problems; and increased emphasis on reasoning with real-world situations and data.
- Personalize learning with MasteringPhysics (sold separately): MasteringPhysics provides college students with engaging experiences that coach them through physics with specific wrong-answer feedback; hints; and a wide variety of educationally effective content.